Invitation

3rd person's POV

It was just a few days after the fall had began and the mail was beginning to fill up in the V.E.N.O.M.s' base mailbox. Angela was wiping the windows of the main room, while Hanabi was busy vacuuming carpet. "Thanks for helping with the chores today Angie," Hanabi thanked her comrade as she put away the vacuum cleaner. 

"Not a problem, I can do all the chores, except the cooking," she shyly said that last part. 

Hanabi just giggled at her as Harley came in with a gigantic pile of mail. "I know he is all perfect and all, but could he at least pick up his mail. It's pilling up," Harley whined as he was frustrated and dropped all the letters on the floor. 

"Who are you talking about Harley?" she asked as she picked up a letter. 

"Who else, the captain of course," he said as he handed her a scroll. "And that's for you, it just came in at your old apartment".

Hanabi unrolled the scroll and read its content. "What does it says Hana?" Angela asked as she was curious. 

Hanabi instantly frowned as she explained to them, "My clan wants me to return for an important event since I'm the Scarlet".

"That doesn't seem bad," Harley said as he too read the scroll.

"Yeah, just to execute me in front of the entire village for learning the forbidden Jutsu and for stealing the forbidden weapon," she complained.

"Or maybe just for a nice dinner Hana," Angela reassured her, "things have changed Hana, maybe they just wanted you back".

"If they wanted me back, they should have done it 3 years ago. My honor was ruined by my own guardians and if I go back to the faction, I have to quit the squad".

"Which you are not gonna do," Gusion suddenly piped in. "You're a crucial member to this squad Hana, we need you," continued as he put a hand on her shoulder, making the marksman blushed. 

"You know you should pick up your own trash captain," Harley complained to him, referring the trash towards the hundreds of letter that was still on the floor. 

"That's why I got you guys in this squad," Gusion said with a sly smirk on his face and it made the mage mad. 

Hanabi took back the scroll and continued on reading, "It said that I will be having dinner with the Paxley family," she looked at Gusion. 

"What?" he asked as he was surprised. He took one of the letters on the ground and read it. "Well if it's a dinner with you then, I would happily accept to go," he said as he winked at Hanabi and walked to his room.

"I hate him so much," Hanabi said as she sat on the couch. 

"You hate him or love him Hana," Harley teased with a smirked on his face as he sat beside her. 

Hanabi turned away to hid her blush. She looked at the scroll in her hand and thought about the invitation. "Maybe I should go, just to bring honor back to my family," she said as she took some black ink, a brush and a new scroll from her room and write it in Japanese that she will attend the event. After finishing her letter, she did some hand signs and the writing instantly disappeared. 

"How did you do that?" Harley asked as he was shocked and amazed at the same time. 

"It's a jutsu that I learned when I was a kid," she explained as kept everything away and start looking for a dress. 

As she finally found the perfect dress, jewelry and makeup for the event, she sat down on her bed to get some rest. Who knew that finding a dress would be that tiring? Then there was a knock on the door. She opened the door and saw her boyfriend standing there, with a serious look on his face. "Captain, is there something wrong?" she asked him in worry.