To Keep

Hanabi's POV

It had been a few hours after ambushing the suspect base, and I have a ton load of paperwork, dump on me by some officers; who are clearly taking advantage of a cadet. Ugh! Idiots! I looked at the and it was close to 6 o'clock and I should have knock off like 2 hours ago. Lucky I have a couple more to finish up. Aamon is so going to scold me later for coming home late. I texted him hours ago that I will be returning late.

As I was finishing up the last painful paperwork, Layla came over to my desk with another tall pile of report. "Cadet, these needed to be done by tomorrow morning," she ordered me.

"With all do respect Breacher, these reports are not at my ranks and must be done, by the members of the squad," I said as I tried to be repectful.

"Well I am your superior and I say do it, I will sign them in the morning," she was firm with the order.

I let out a heavy sigh as I did as she says. Even though the office is becoming darker, I could see she a smug smirk on her lips. Looks like she wants to get even with me. Well this doesn't Layla, try again. I texted Aamon again, telling that I might not be returning back to his mansion for the night.

Hours later, I still have a few more reports to finish up, I look at the clock and it was a minute to midnight. I looked around and the entire office is silent as a graveyard, the only sound present was the buzzing of the AC and some of the lights that luminate the dark room. As I was getting back to work, I heard faint footsteps entering the room, I actually thought it was some security guards, so I brushed it off and focused back onto the screen of the computer.

Even when the sound of the keyboard typing fills the room, I still could hear footsteps in the background that was getting louder and louder. I picked up a report and pretended to read it as my other hand snaked down to get my kunai. I gripped it tightly as I was ready to defend myself. I felt a hand on shoulder, in reflex, I tossed the report as I grabbed the person's hand and threw him or her to the ground as I got on top of the person and put the blade of the kunai near the person's neck.

I squinted my eyes, to get a closer look at the person in the dark. My eyes widen, "I am so sorry," I quickly apologised and put away my kunai as that person was my fiance.

I could see him smiling at me, "It's alright, this isn't the first time you pinned me down," he said. I knew even the dark he could see my cheeks turning pink as I quickly got off of him and helped him up.

"I have done this to you before?" I asked.

He nodded, "When we were younger, I didn't mean to surprise you at the time and in reflex you pinned me down".

'When we were younger,' it suddenly haunts me. I turned my head to face the glass window of the room as I slowly walked towards it; taking the view of Zlatan at night. I gently pressed mt head against the glass as I closed my eyes, the phrase keeps repeating in my head. I hear him walking to me as he gently put a hand on my shoulder. "Hana," his voice lingers with worry.

"I feel like my memories of you are slowly fading away Aamon, I'm more confused than ever," I poured out everything that I was thinking. "Am I destined to be alone?" I asked as clear bead rolled down my cheeks.

I already lost my brother, who am I gonna lose next? I could feel, his arms wrapping around my waist, hugging me from behind. I could feel my back against his sturdy, hard chest as he rested his head on my shoulder. "You're destined to be Duchess Paxley, Hana. You won't be alone anymore," he kissed my cheek.

"Men tend to get easily tired, I know someday I will be replace".

He suddenly spun me around as he pinned my wrist above my head and against the glass. I looked at him in the eyes as I saw him looking irritated by my words. "I grew up to be faithful Hanabi, don't you dare have that thought in your mind ever again," I know he was just telling me it sounds almost threatening.

"I'm sorry Aamon, I lost my brother. I don't know who I will lose next," I feel like a student, who is admitting where her homework had gone to.

He just rested his forehead on mine, not uttering a single word. "I will always be there for you Hanabi, I'll be your savior Hanabi," he said, "and soon I'll help you get your memories back, I promised," he let go of my wrists.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a thank you hug. If he is the one that could return my memories, then I am indept to him for life and maybe marrying him, would repay that depth. "Then marrying to you won't be so bad after all," I said as I could feel him resting his head on my shoulder and wrapping his arms around my waist, returning the warm hug. I slowly closed my eyes, enjoying the warm between us, with a bright smile on my lips.

Aamon's POV

I feel bad for. She's working so hard to climb the ranks in S.A.B.E.R. and gaining those favours from her superiors. She already has mine. As I let go of her, she almost collapsed onto the ground. I quickly caught before she hit the floor and it made me worry, when she didn't open her eyes.

I then let out a soft chuckle when I heard her soft snooring. My poor little flower. I gently laid her down on the sofa as I helped her turned off the computer and the lights. I feel bad that her colleagues are taking adventure of her position. I carried her back to car and laid her gently on the passenger seat and buckled her seat belt. As I was about to close the door, I sense two people glaring daggers at me, more spesificly, blades and a gun.

I shut the door as I spun around with my hands up in defence. "Who knew I would be ambushed by my own brothers," I said as I am face to face with both Gusion, who is in his V.E.N.O.M. uniform; and Gavin, in his police uniform.

"I heard everything," Gavin said as his gun was aimed towards me, "so, you're Hana's new groom".

"Guilty as charge brother," I admitted.

"You don't deserve her big brother," said Gusion.

"And you do brother? You treat her like she is your property," I argued back.

"Because she is, I am her first, so she belongs to me!".

"You what?!" Gavin asked in anger.

"I gave her a chance to find love again," Gusion argued.

"I gave comfort, when she need one," Gavin argued as well.

"Well, I won this argument then brothers. Gusion, you have given her a chance, Gavin you may given her comfort; but I gave her a hope to change her life," I said. "Sorry brothers, she's all mine".

They both knew, I gave her something better than they could give her. Then we heard a door opening from behind me. I turned around as I saw Hanabi, coming out of the car. Both Gusion and Gavin put away their weapons and turned to Hanabi, who began to walk up to me. "Aamon..." she whispered my name, but it was loud enough for them to hear.

I wanted so bad to tell her, that I am genuine with the promise I gave her and also my feelings to her. I wanted her to tell her that, but I couldn't utter a single word to her. "I made my desicion," she said aloud this time for them to hear.

"And?" Gusion asked.

I wasn't expecting for what happens next, she wrapped her arms around, pulling me closer to; close enough to kiss her. I was surprised of her actions, but I am glad that she now choose me as I gladly return the kiss. She pulled away, "If I am a property, I am yours to keep Aamon".

"You're not an object to me Hana," I told her, "you're my magic".

She hugged me once more as she whispered an 'I love you' into my ear. The words I am hoping she would say to me. I looked back at Gusion and Gavin, both shock and disappointed at the same time. I helped her back into the car and as I was getting in to the driver's side, I looked back at Gusion and Gavin. "It's her choice brothers, I hope you both can respect that," I said as climbed in.

I shut the door as I turned to Hanabi, who is looking down at her wrists. She was wearing both bracelets that were given by Gusion and Gavin. I hold her hand, "You can keep those Hana".

"Really?" she turned to me in surprised.

I nodded, "You made it clear to them now Hana, I trust you now".

I watched her eye glimmering as she left a soft peck on my cheek. "I choose you Aamon," she shyly said.

"And I am glad, that I choose you Hana," I said with a smile on my face as I turned on the engine and we drove back to the mansion.