Intruders

Morning at work, Hanabi did as she was told, finish some reports, patrol, training and repeat. It felt quite tiresome as it's just repeating the same routine. As she was finishing up the last of her report, she heard an argument breaking out from the S.A.B.E.R. squad.

"Admit it, Layla; you're the one that is sharing our secrets," Saber accused her with the entire squad behind him.

"Uh! Is this what I got for years of loyal service to this squad?!" Layla yelled at him.

"Layla," Rafaela spoke softly, "our computers had been hacked last week and you are the one guarding the server at that time".

"That doesn't mean, that I'm the one that did it!"

"Then how do you explain, this video of you deactivating our entire android security," Cyclops showed a video of a lady with magenta hair destroying the main switch of their android army.

"What?!" Layla exclaimed, "how is that even me when at the time I was out with Lesley?"

"That's what we wanted to hear," said Saber.

"I am being accused here," she argued, "if it's anyone to blame, it would be her!" she pointed at the pink-haired marksman.

"Officer Hanabi has been with me the entire time of her shift, Layla," Johnson defended, "including the time of the video".

Anger was boiling inside of Layla, she worked hard to become the elite marksman of the squad, and yet the former enemy of the squad, took only months to climbed up the ranks. She marched her way today Hanabi as she grabbed her by the collar and slammed her to the wall. "Admit it traitor!" she demanded in a growl, "you are the one that imposed as me and tried to frame for you own crimes!"

"But how can I be in that video, if I spend the entire night shift with Sir Johnson?" Hanabi asked with a straight face.

"You must have use your ninjutsu or something of that," Layla accused.

"Even if I did, wouldn't the clone disappear after a slight injury?" Hanabi asked once more.

"What?" Layla was shocked.

"You can see in the video that culprit had scraped her arm against some metal; the ninjutsu that produce a clone, is called the Shadow Clone Jutsu," Hanabi explained, "when the clone is injured in anyway, it would immediately disappear and as you can see in the video; it didn't disappear".

They took another look at the video and true to her words the person injured her arm and did not vanished, like how Hanabi explained; which made Layla feel more infuriated. She released one of her hand and attempted to punch her.

Hanabi braced for the painful impact as she knew, if she fought back, she will be a culprit. But the pain never came. Hanabi opened her eyes to see her furious fiancé blocking Layla punched. "So this is how my fiancée is treated around here," Aamon said as there a sudden gleam in his eyes, that made Layla whimper in fear.

Aamon used his mana shards to pin Layla to another wall, "I expected more from a squad like this and I let my younger brother to join this squad because of its success; perhaps I'm mistaken," he turned to the squad leader.

"Deep apologies my lord," Saber bowed to him, "she was not in control with her emotions, I will make sure she is disciplined".

"You better," Aamon warned as his mana shards retreated back to his coat and he turned his attention to his beloved.

"Are you alright?" he asked in worry as he touched her cheek.

"I am alright, Aamon," she assured him. A light blush appeared on her cheeks as she was beginning to feel a little shy with him.