You're a Snake

Aamon's POV

A week passed by and the Golden Gala is another week away. "Your grace, a letter from the House," a maid showed me a letter with my family's wax seal.

"Give it to me and return to your duties," I ordered as she gave me the letter. I took the letter as I kept my eyes out the window. I build the mansion to face the great view of the city. I looked down at the two red velvet boxes that I placed on the window frame. One small one and the other a larger one. Both I have prepared for her.

She has told me, she does not have a care for the fine jewellery. Even if she has no care for these luxuries, I think they suited her well. They say woman adores, ruby and sapphires, I think diamonds and emeralds are the real minerals that shines. My lips curved up into a satisfying smile as my orders had met my expectations. I hoped she would like them, I personally when out into the mines to look for the gems and I asked my family's blacksmith to use silver instead of gold for the jewellery.

"You called for me Aamon?" her sweet voice rang into my ears. I turned around to see her in new clothing I had never seen before. I admit her clothing does shows a bit of skin, but the colour suits her well.

"You really enjoy, coloring your hair?" I asked.

"I thought I should try green. I could be called the Emerald Viper".

I walked closer to her and I cupped her left cheek with my hand. I always wondered what kind of flower she is. But I don't care, she is my flower. "You look great in any colour, Hana," I said.

"So why you called me on my rewarded day off?" she asked as she sat down on my chair.

"Thought we could go visit the venue of Golden Gala," I suggested.

"Shouldn't that be the problem for the government of the city, they are the host after all".

"The Paxleys are this years organisers for the gala".

"So that's why you are still here. You are the one that is overseeing the preparations for the gala. And you don't trust anyone with it because this time you are bold enough to invite the Abyssal Demons".

"Smart as a snake, you were taught well by Hebi," oh I remember that snake really well.

She grabbed my collar and pulled me down, bringing my face closer to hers. The corner of her lips, curved into a smirk. "How bold you are now, Scarlet," I teased.

"That's Duchess to you, Duke".

"I see you are getting comfortable with that tittle".

"You know it satisfy you to the bone".

"You are really a snake".

"Doesn't that excites you?" she wrapped her arms around my neck as I wrapped an arm around her waist to support her body.

"Careful Hana, I could lock the doors and punish you now," I smirked as I gently caressed her neck.

"Then I am your future bold and disobedient duchess," she left a peck on my cheek.

"I see you are good in this game as well, my sweet Hana".

"I had a good teacher," I am certainly speechless, this girl really surprised me every time.

I shook my head in defeat, if I continued she will definitely learn to counter attack my taunts. As I completed some of the paperwork, I took Hanabi to the venue to the gala. Zlatan City Hall has graciously allows us to host the gala here. I even made some calls to get some insight. When we arrive, Hanabi was surprised to see three out of the five Lightborn Chevalier to be here.