Waltz

The Golden Gala, a special event where erastrocets amuse themselves by gracing themselves in each others presence and boosting their growing status. The one event of the year, where noblemen would find opportunities to gaining alliance and power. As the adults drink and chat, their children play and dance the night away with other noble family.

Western erastrocets would not dare to decline an oppertunity, however the Eastern erastrocets would never allow themselves to be involved with the affairs of the Western noble family. The Scarlet and Shadow faction are the example of the Eastern noble family that would not like to be involved.

For a long time, Hanabi too do not have a care towards the political affairs of her faction. Even her father, the Grandmaster of the Scarlet faction, would constantly remind her to sharpen her skills and focused on her studies; as he hoped that she would take his place as the next Grandmaster of the Scarlet faction. The constant lost of her battle with her own true feelings would always be the result of her downfall. After having an adopted little brother, she aimed to be the example in her brother's eyes.

"Hanabi, Hanabi," she heard her name being repeated. Hanabi snapped out of her thoughts as her fiance tried to bring her back to the real world. "Are you alright?" Aamon asked, "you have been spacing out, what are you thinking that is more interesting than me?" he smirked.

Hanabi returned back his smirked as she bragged his collar and pulled his face closer to hers, "My goodness, I never thought that the infamous Lord Paxley wanted to be doted on as well," she could feel him shiver a bit; "then how should I serve you, my Lord?" she traced her finger along his clothed, muscular chest.

Aamon could feel his cheek burning up at her sudden dominant attitude. 'Looks like she has develop a new character, to her personality,' he thought.

"Don't fantasised too long, my Lord; you have an announcement to make," she seductively said, which actually pulled him out from his deep thoughts.

"If you keep this up, I will prepare a special punishment," he whispered in her ear, while walking pass her.

Hanabi bit her bottom lip as she tried hard not to blush. She took a deep breath to cool down her burning cheeks; and focused on Aamon's speech. As the heroes of the Land of Dawn gathered around, unexpectedly her eyes locked with her ex's. For the entire evening, Gusion kept his deep violet eyes on the future duchess.

Before he could take a first step to her, his older brother began his speech, "Heroes of the Land of Dawn, I am honour to be welcoming all to the most extravagant event of the year".

'Looks like he is acting all welcoming just in front of the guest,' Hanabi thought, 'it isn't surprising, but truly unexpected with his personality. Many have told that he is cold and stern when it comes to any military business; while being calm, cool and friendly to diplomatic businesses.

As the crowd cheered on, he turned towards his fiance while he offered his hand to her. Hanabi stared at his offered hand, then towards his eyes. She saw happiness and gentleness that sooth her fast beating heart. With a smile on her lips, she accepted his hand and walked forward towards him. She didn't care of the many faces that were surprised to see her holding hands with the powerful Duke Paxley, she didn't care of the harsh glare and shade by some; and she didn't care of the looks from the crowd. All her focus was on the man before her.

"And I would like to start this night, with a question to my honourable guest, soon to be a member of the Paxley family; Hanabi Scarlet," he announced; "Hanabi, you were first engaged to my brother, Gavin Paxley. But I have realised that I have feelings for you, ever since we were small; so I stand here asking for your hand instead".