-2-

"avengers" nick said, motioning his hand back and forth. a small smile overtook my face as i looked at all the familiar faces. wanda ran up to me, absorbing me into a hug, followed by nat.
"where the hell did you go?" tony asked, he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and walked me to where everyone was sitting.
"sri lanka, australia and then the maldives" i sighed happily.

"y/n!" a voice shouted, i whipped my head around to see a flash of blue before pietro stood in front of me. he engulfed me in a hug and took my bags out of my hands so that i could take a seat.
"why'd you leave?" steve asked. i shrugged and rubbed at my tired eyes.
"just wanted a break" i murmured. the sleeping mask on my head slipped onto my forehead as i sat there swaying.
"i think you should get to bed. your room's still the same, i'll see you in the morning y/n/n." tony smiled. i wished them all a goodnight and headed to my bedroom.

my eyes were nearly shut when i bumped into a tall muscular figure. my bags slipped out of my hands as i nearly toppled to the ground. before i could, a hand grabbed my forearm and held me up.
"oh i'm sor-", i began saying before i realised who i was talking to. his metal arm twinkled, brown hair flopped over his forehead and his blue eyes pierced into mine. i looked down to see his hand still holding onto my arm. as i yanked my arm out of his grasp, i picked up my bags and shoved past him. not wanting to be that close to the person who took away the only family i had left.

yes yes i know, he wasn't himself when he killed my sister. but that doesn't mean i have to forgive him. when i looked behind me, he stood there staring at me, not moving from his spot.
once i got into my bedroom, i fell onto the soft mattress which was coated in silk sheets. after getting dressed, i slipped under the covers and closed my eyes. flashbacks of the winter soldier killing my sister flashing behind my eyelids.

"you okay?" a voice spoke. i opened my eyes to see steve standing at my bedroom door.
"mhm why" i croaked, rubbing at my eyes.
"you were saying things" he said softly, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed. i sighed and sat up,
"he killed my sister you know" i blurted, chewing at my lip. steve's mouth parted as the gears in his head turned.
"ah that's why you left" he said. i nodded.
"i know that it wasn't exactly him who did it, but i just-i just can't forgive and forget you know?" i asked. steve nodded,
"you should get some sleep" he said before getting up and walking back out.
"see you at breakfast" he added, popping his head through the door.
"yeah..".