27

a few hours later, my 'date' was over. well it wasn't really a date, i just needed something from him. a key card. and did i get it? yes. and did i get the chance to kiss a hot guy? yes. he also got my number because jesus he was smoking hot and i wouldn't mind seeing him again, unless he found out that i took his keycard.

i walked into my room and threw my handbag onto the armchair and fiddled with the clasp of the necklace. someone cleared their throat from my door way and i looked over to see bucky standing there staring at me. i audibly sighed and shook my head. i hated this. the way he acted like he cared, the way he thought the kiss meant more than it did. i didn't want to hurt him like that, but if i do, it's his own fault.

"what?" i asked, hanging the necklace up on my jewellery rack.
"do you want to go on a date with me?" bucky asked, his facial expression serious. i chuckled but the chuckle quickly died down when i saw his expression,
"oh you're being serious?"
"no shit y/l/n" he scoffed. i pinched the bridge of my nose and stared at the rings which were sitting on my fingers.
"i don't do 'dates' barnes" i replied, not looking up at him. bucky scoffed and walked in, closing the door behind him.
"so you go on a date with that fucking idiot, but you won't go on a date with me?" he asked.
"it wasn't a date" i spat back, throwing the key card i stole from the guy onto my desk. bucky looked down at it and suddenly understood what had happened.
"but the answers still no" i murmured.
"you didn't actually think i wanted to go on a date with someone like you? y/l/n, you fuck nearly every guy you meet. i was just making sure i wasn't on your to-do list" he spat angrily, trying to shrug off the fact that he got rejected.

bucky was probably expecting me to get angry, get angry at all the insults he had thrown in those few sentences. but i didn't, instead i sat at my desk, fiddling with the keycard which sat on the desk.
"don't worry, you're not on the list" i chuckled harshly, hiding the fact that i was hurt from those words. he swallowed and nodded,
"good" he said, nodding. i looked up at him, a sad smile on my face, which he had noticed because his face fell.
"close the door on your way out barnes" i said sighing.
"y/n..i'm-i just-" he stuttered. i held a hand up,
telling him silently to shut up.
"we don't have to talk to eachother okay? training, missions and that's it, other than that. i'll stay away from you and you'll stay away from me. capiche?" i muttered. without another word, he left.

"god it's like watching a reality tv show" clint said from inside the vents. i chuckled and shook my head,
"sure feels like one" i murmured, clint chuckled and army crawled away, probably to spy on someone else.
"ignore mr barnes" vision said, as he came in through the wall. the window opened and peter jumped in, "what he said" peter said, pointing at vision.
"so the both of you heard that?" i sighed, with a small chuckle.
"mr stark had jarvis pull up footage of what was happening in your room after pietro told everyone what happened" peter explained.
"i'm going to kill that silver headed spoon" i muttered and jumped up from my seat and headed to pietros room.