-12-

the second i walked into the compound, the warm air hit me like a brick. i immediately relaxed from the heat, the tension in my shoulders wearing away. when i closed the door, wanda and pietro ran up to me. both holding towels and blankets.
"oh gosh thank you" i shuddered as wanda wrapped a blanket around me.
"y/n there you are thank god!" tony sighed and gave the top of my head a kiss. i smiled at him and he explained how bucky had told him everything.
"here" i said and pulled out the files i had gotten from the inside of my jacket.

a while later, i crept to my room, bucky's door was wide open and when i peeped in he sat there watching tv. i scoffed and slid into my bedroom, running to the shower and turning on the warm water. once i finished showering, i pulled on my pyjamas and wrapped my silk robe around myself. there was a knock at the door and i answered it to find bucky standing there sheepishly.
"what?" i asked calmly. he looked taken aback from my calm tone,
"i-i'm sorry, i didn't mean to get mad or bring up..you know" he said, scratching nervously at the back of his neck. usually, i'd insult him. but today after that long, cold walk in the rain, i had no energy.
"okay? it's fine" i said sternly and closed the door, leaving him standing there.

just as i was about to lie down, there was another knock at the door. i sighed and opened it to see him still standing there,
"and i'm sorry for calling you a slut, even though you are one" he said, a small smirk on his face. the urge to punch his teeth out increased with every millisecond.
"just fuck off barnes" i sighed. he rolled his eyes and slid back into his room.