31

after a tiring mission with the others, i lay on my bed, muscles aching. groaning into a pillow, i poked at my sore legs, the pain sort of pleasing. after a while of sympathising for myself, i flopped onto my back and shuffled into a sitting position. grabbing my remote and turning on netflix.

around fifteen minutes passed by, flicking from show to show, film to film, trying to find something to watch. i audibly gasped when i flicked upon one of my favourite movies, 13 going on 30. a few minutes into the movie, my bedroom door squeaked open and i looked up to see..you guessed it, bucky. he shuffled into the room, staring at me lying in my pyjamas with the tv on as usual.
"when's the last time you went on a run?" bucky asked, staring down at his metal hand. i frowned, "i dunno, like two weeks ago. why?" i asked, watching him cautiously. he walked over and grabbed my arm, pulling me off my soft bed.
"we're going on a run" he stated. i chuckled and shook my head, my smile quickly dropped when i realised he was being serious.

"no" i said sternly and sat on my bed, crossing my arms over my chest. he scoffed and chewed his lip. his eyes lit up and he smirked at me, a cheeky smirk.
"if you don't come on a run with me, i'll tell thor that you're the one who ate his poptarts" bucky whispered. i audibly gasped and stood up,
"you wouldn't dare" i hissed, staring into his blue eyes. his tongue wet his lower lip,
"oh but i would" he chuckled. i narrowed my eyes at him and sighed,
"fine" i mumbled, he stood in the same spot, not moving. i shoved him a little roughly,
"get out, i need to get dressed" i ordered. bucky rolled his eyes and walked out of my room,
"well, i don't mind staying" he shrugged. without another word coming from my mouth, i closed the door and began getting dressed whilst cursing under my breath.

"hurry" bucky sighed as he ran along, i followed behind him. very far behind. i ignored his request and put my earphones in, ignoring every word coming out of his pretty little mouth. i sat on a park bench, staring at the trees and watching as bucky ran along, not noticing that i had ditched. a voice cleared next to me and i looked up to see a man walking towards me, a very, very hot man. i straightened up a little and gave him a small smile as he sat beside me. after introducing himself, he held his phone out.
"look, i only stopped to ask for your number" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. i grinned, but just as i was about to take his phone to add my number, a shadow cast over us. the two of us looked up to see bucky standing there, arms crossed over his chest.
"what are you doing y/n?" bucky asked, furrowing his brows. i nodded my head to the man beside me,
"he's asking me out" i smiled. bucky's face dropped as he revealed his metal arm slightly. the man beside me got the message and stood up quickly,
"scram" bucky hissed at the man, he didn't waste a second. he ran off, leaving me and metal man alone.

"what the hell? he was hot", i whined. bucky sat beside me, looking unimpressed.
"you told me that you don't 'do relationships'. why?" bucky asked, shuffling closer to me. i sighed and shrugged, before turning my head towards him.
"because i don't need a man" i yawned. bucky nodded,
"technically i'm not a man" bucky whispered. i chuckled and nodded,
"yes, you're right. you're an old man" i laughed. he scoffed slightly.
"please" he mumbled. i frowned and turned towards him, a look of disgust on my face.
"look i'm not having sex with you, even if you say please" i gagged. he immediately jumped and shook his head,
"i wouldn't mind but that's not what i'm asking. i'm asking for a date, one date, doesn't even have to count as a proper date" he pleaded.

i stared at him, the wheels in my head spinning as i watched him wait for an answer.
"if i say yes, that doesn't mean there'll ever be anything between us" i said. his eyes softened but he nodded,
"fine, so you're saying yes?" he asked.
"if we can get ice cream right now and then go watch 13 going on 30, then yes" i smiled, nodding my head towards the ice cream van a few metres in front of us. bucky grinned and shook his head, his hair swaying slightly. he took my hand in his and placed a light kiss on it.
"yes ma'am" he chuckled and jogged towards the ice cream van. i bit my lip to hide my smile as bucky jogged off, my heart felt weird. as if it was fluttering, or maybe slowing down. god maybe i'm falling into cardiac arrest, i told myself, before shaking the thoughts away. i was just excited to have ice cream, right?