-13-

during the next few weeks, bucky and i avoided eachother like the plague. even though he had apologised for what he said, being near him was extremely awkward. we trained with eachother, but neither of us spoke a word during it.

pietro and i sat in my room, it was nearly 3am and both of us were bored, he flicked on maze runner:the death cure and we settled down to watch it. a little into the movie, pietro sat there snoring beside me, every time we watched a movie, that idiot fell asleep. when it got to newts death scene, i sat there in tears, literally drowning in my own tears. as i choked on my own sobs, i looked over at the door to see steve and bucky staring at me, both of them looked frozen as they saw me crying for the first time. my eye twitched as i lifted my hand, the door slammed shut in their faces and i continued sobbing. pietro woke up, due to the bed shaking because of my cries. he looked at the tv and then burst into tears himself, both of us sat beside eachother, crying into each others arms.

i woke up a little later, it was around 6am. pietro lay sprawled out beside me, both of us had fallen asleep due to the amount of crying we did. i groaned and got up, making my way to the kitchen, my throat aching for a drink of water. when i walked in, bucky stood at the coffee machine, staring at it and pressing random buttons as if he was trying to figure it out. i snorted to myself and walked to the sink, when he heard the water running he turned around and burst out laughing. i frowned at him and he pointed to his chin. when i touched my chin i realised that i had drooled during the night. well shit that's embarrassing.
"fuck off" i croaked whilst wiping it away. he shuffled on his feet and turned back to the coffee machine,
"need help?" i asked, leaning against the fridge. he nodded,
"if you bring up my sister again cause i helped you, i swear to god" i teased, trying to make him feel bad.
"i won't.." he replied. i pressed a button on the machine and watched as the hot liquid came streaming out. as he opened his mouth to say thank you, i walked off back to my bedroom.

"pietro get up" i hissed, staring down at the boy who took up the entire bed. i silently cursed to myself and got ready. after getting ready, i pulled on my trainers and tied my hair up, ready to go on a run.
"where you going?" steve asked as i walked past him.
"a run" i said bluntly. he nodded and walked beside me, he was also wearing his running clothes.
"hey where are you going?" bucky interrupted, looking at us both standing in our running outfits.
"on a run" steve said, "together?" bucky asked. steve nodded and put his arm around my shoulder.
"i'm coming too" bucky announced. steve and i looked at eachother, both of us as confused as the other.
"buck you said you didn't want to go earlier" steve said, confusion lacing through his voice.
"well i changed my mind" bucky scoffed.

we went outside, the two men ran together and i ran behind them, my earphones shoved into my ears, music blasting. they both slowed down in front of me and waited for me to catch up before regaining speed.
"you don't have to wait" i said, taking one earphone out of my ear.
"you sure?" steve asked. i nodded,
"yeah i'm meeting someone for coffee now" i explained.
"who?" bucky asked suddenly. i frowned at him, "a friend" i replied and put my earphone back in before running in the direction of the cafe.