38

a few hours later, i crept past bucky's bedroom, thankfully the lights were off and the doors were closed so he was definitely asleep. i slid into my bedroom and closed the door quietly behind me. surprisingly pietro wasn't in here so he was probably sleeping. after taking a shower and changing out of my clothes, i flicked the lights off and jumped onto my bed, the soft blankets engulfing me.

the sunlight peered through my blinds, i stretched my arms and turned my head to the side, tapping on my phone to see the time. after lying there staring at the ceiling for a good few minutes, i decided that today i would be productive, for once in my life. i jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. after using it and getting dressed, i jogged into the kitchen and grabbed a slice of bread and threw it into the toaster whilst making myself an iced coffee. footsteps erupted from the doorway and i turned around to see bucky walking in, a towel draped around his neck.
"morning" i greeted cautiously, giving him a small smile. he walked past me and grabbed a plum from the fridge before walking back out. i ignored his bratty act and ate my breakfast quickly before running into the city and heading to the underground station.

of course me being productive only meant one thing, going to an all you can eat buffet. life's too short to not go to a buffet every once in a while.
"god those are so good" i said to some strangers who sat near me as i pointed at my plate. they looked at me for a split second and then turned back around, ignoring my comment.
"fuck you then" i scoffed before popping a piece of sushi into my mouth.

after paying the bill, i wandered about. after a couple of hours, my bank card was definitely half empty. it was dark outside now, i pulled my coat tighter around me, trying to keep as much heat as possible. i had no idea where i wanted to go now, definitely not back home. i bought a train ticket and stepped on, not even knowing how far the train was taking me. but hell who cares? i ended up getting off the train not too long after, the amount of creepy men on it freaked me out. after a few moments of contemplating, i decided that it was now time for me to get back. i clutched a few shopping bags in my hands, a feathery, bright hat sitting on my head and feather boas draped around my neck.

"jesus where the hell did you go?" tony asked, looking at the colourful feathers all over me. pepper giggled beside him, the both of them taking in my bright look. i took one of the boas off and wrapped it around his neck and peppers.
"i was..exploring" i stated before skipping back to my room, the shopping bags hitting against my legs.

"with christian again?" bucky's voice asked, he stood at my window, staring out of it, his back facing me. i set my shopping bags on the floor and frowned at him.
"no, i was shopping" i stated, signalling at the bags around me that he couldn't see. he chuckled and shook his head,
"shopping with him?" he said harshly. i cursed under my breath and took the other feather boa off my neck and threw it around his neck before sitting on my bed. he peeled it off and stared at the string of bright yellow feathers in his hands. after a few moments, he turned back around, annoyance still splashed over his face.
"my god, can you just stop jealous and pissed off all the time " i scoffed, my good mood slowly morphing into a bad one. bucky rolled his eyes, his hair swaying to the side to reveal his face.
"i'm not jealous" he chuckled, shaking his head. my fingers drummed against the bedsheets.
"oh i'm sure you're not barnes" i murmured, admiring the sheets. the floor creaked and a cold metal hand lifted up my chin. he leant down to meet my gaze,
"i'm. not. jealous" he whispered. i pulled my face out of his grasp and stood up,
"good, you have no reason to be" i smiled, he walked over to the door and leaned against the doorframe,
"and why's that?"
"because we're just friends" i stated sternly. he laughed,
"so if i went out with some girl, you wouldn't get jealous?" he asked, his fingers tapping against his forearm. i walked up to him and tilted my chin up slightly to meet his eyes,
"no" i said bluntly. he stared down at me, his eyes searching mine to figure out if i was being honest.
"keep telling yourself that" he nodded,
"wanna bet on it barnes?" i asked, narrowing my eyes slightly.
"you're on y/l/n" he smirked before turning around and walking back into his bedroom.

"oh he is definitely jealous of that boy" pietros voice chuckled, i nearly jumped out of my skin when i saw pietro in the vents.
"why are you in the vents? that's clints thing" i asked as he hopped out. he shrugged and grabbed my shopping bags, emptying the contents onto the bed.
"is that for me?" he asked, staring at a big bag of sweets,
"of course it is" i grinned, sliding the bag over to him.

"who do you think will win?" pietro asked, tossing a gummy bear into his mouth. i pointed at myself,
"he'll crack the second i bring christian back in" i whispered, pietro smirked at me as we began hatching a plan.