-4-

"you're late" bucky said as i hopped in to the quinjet. i ignored him and sat down on the pilots seat, flicking a few switches and getting my voice recognised to start up the jet.
"okay what's your problem?" bucky blurted out, i had ignored him for the past fifteen minutes, not even bothering to make a noise when he spoke.
"you". i said bluntly. he shifted in his seat for a moment, a look of confusion on his face as he tried to figure out what he did.
"i don't get it.. what did i do?" he asked calmly.
"you killed my fucking sister barnes" i hissed, my hand gripping onto my knee roughly.
it was silent.

"look i'm sorry. but i..i didn't kill your sister okay? the winter soldier did, not me". he said sternly. i scoffed and shook my head,
"you're no different" i mumbled. his head snapped in my direction, a mix of anger and sadness in his eyes. i guess i hit his weak spot.
before i could blink, he leapt out of his seat, his metal hand gripping onto my neck.
yep definitely hit the spot.
"take that back" he growled, his grip tightening slightly. i chuckled weakly,
"why? are you going to kill me if i don't? just like you did with my sister?" i wheezed. bucky's eyes narrowed as i pushed him off me and sat back down on my seat.
"now wise the fuck up" i croaked, rubbing at my neck.
"i don't give a shit about your sister" he spat spitefully. my fist flew out and landed satisfyingly on his cheek.

a while after getting through the base. we both walked out uninjured, apart from a bruise on my neck from when metal man went maniac and decided to attack me. and might i add, a lovely bruise on his cheekbone from when i punched him for talking about my sister. earlier, when we got into the building, the two of us went in separate directions, not even bothering to help eachother. he could take care of himself and i could take care of myself. i didn't even bother giving him a heads up when a man appeared behind him and he didn't bother doing it for me either.

the journey back was incredibly silent, i liked it. because of what had happened in the jet earlier, i just knew that everything would be even more awkward when we got back.

"hey guys how was it?" nat asked, everyone looked up to see us walking in. bucky shoved past me, nearly sending me hurtling to the floor.
"woah what's wrong with him?" tony piped up. i shrugged and went to the fridge to grab some water,
"y/n/n your neck..what happened?" pietro asked, his fingers lightly grazing over the bruises. i looked over at steve,
"your boyfriend really needs to work on his anger" i said, before grabbing pietro's arm and dragging him to my room.
"what's wrong?" he asked.
"nothing i just want to watch a movie" i chuckled, pietro grabbed my tv remote and went on to netflix.
"how about that? since we watched the first one a few days ago" he asked, nodding at the tv.
"perfect" i replied happily, holding some ice to my neck as pietro flicked on maze runner:the scorch trials.
"they're so hot" i said to pietro, pointing at the characters; newt, minho, thomas and aris.
he gagged and shook his head,
"she is pretty" pietro commented, pointing at teresa. i slapped the back of his head and scoffed.
"pretty? sure. but that bitch gives me bad vibes" i grumbled.
"jealous?" pietro cooed.
"oh definitely" i snickered.

halfway through the movie, pietro was asleep. a figure walked past the door, i looked up to see bucky standing there, watching me cover my mouth as i watched winston say goodbye. bucky tilted his head sideways and looked at the tv, suddenly understanding why i was shocked. i flipped him off, bucky audibly scoffed and continued walking to wherever the hell he was going, hopefully walking to fucking therapy.