-16-

the next morning, i walked into the kitchen. everyone greeted me and wanda passed me a cup of coffee which i thanked her greatly for. thank god the injury i had got me out of training today, which i hugely appreciated. i had heard the little conversation between piet and bucky, who knew one man could be such a dick?

i sat alone beside the window, my second cup of steaming hot coffee held in my hands. there was no rain today, which was a shame. the sun shone brightly on the city below, i flicked through the book i was reading, shuffling a bit to get comfortable. there was a slight bang behind me and i jumped, spilling the scorching coffee onto my hands and book. bucky walked over to me,
"shit you okay?" he asked before walking to the sink to wet a cloth. he walked back with it and i stood up and walked away, ignoring the burning sensation biting away at my hands.
"take it, you'll get burns" he said, holding out the wet cloth and putting it onto my hands.
"it's not your problem" i mocked before dropping the cloth on the floor and walking to the living area.

"hey, you okay?" scott asked when i walked in.
"he's just horrible..always insulting her" i spat, all the insults bucky had inflicted about my sister was finally getting to me. stupidly, before i could stop myself, tears were welling up in my eyes, threatening to spill. scott's face dropped and he quickly took my hands and sat me down, embracing me in a hug. i let the tears fall down my face as i cried silently into his shoulder, letting out all the emotions which had piled up over the past few weeks. after a good cry, i lifted my head in embarrassment.
"sorry about that" i said, wiping up the leftover tears.
"don't be, if you ever need to talk. i'm all ears" he smiled, pulling me into a hug one last time.
"please don't tell anyone about this whole crying thing" i murmured. he nodded and i gave him a tight lipped smile before walking back to my room.

scott's pov

"poor girl" i thought to myself, watching her drag herself back to her room. i picked up my phone again but quickly dropped it when i heard someone clear their throat behind me.
i looked around to see steve standing there, arms crossed over his chest.
"hey captain" i said, faking a small salute. he gave me a small smile before walking over.
"why was y/n crying?" he asked. my face dropped as i tried to think of an excuse.
"the truth scott" he said sternly.
"well.."

your pov

there was a knock at the door and steve walked in. a soft smile on his face,
"you okay?" i asked, confused at why he was in here. he chuckled and sat on the edge of my bed.
"why were you crying y/n?" steve asked. my eyes widened and i tried to say something but no words came out.
"no scott didn't tell me, i saw you and then i asked him but he turned small and disappeared" steve explained. i smiled to myself and made a mental note to thank scott for keeping his promise.
"my wound hurt a little" i said, lying through my teeth.
"you wouldn't lie to me would you?" steve asked, examining my face. i shook my head vigorously.
"okay" he said softly before getting up and walking out without another word.