47

my limbs stretched above my head as my eyes fluttered open. the sunlight seeped through the window, illuminating my bedroom. when my eyes opened fully, i looked around to see that loki was no longer in here, so he was probably in the kitchen. i audibly groaned when i remembered last night, of course i didn't fully regret it, i just kinda regretted it.

after pulling on some clothes and getting ready, i pulled a brush through my hair before slipping out of my door, only to bump into bucky. i slammed into his hard chest, his hands grabbed my upper arms to keep me steady. when i looked up at him, there was a genuine smile on his face.
"how come you disappeared during the night?" he teased as we walked into the lift. i shrugged, not having an actual answer to his question. the lift doors closed and he turned to face me, his eyebrows furrowed slightly but the smile still on his face,
"your hairs still messy" he chuckled, leaning down to whisper in my ear. i held back a laugh and shook my head, slapping his chest slightly.
"and yours isn't?" i teased back, ruffling his hair.

as the two of us began to walk out of the lift, his arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me closer towards him. i quickly shrugged him off and walked faster, leaving him standing behind me. after breakfast, i jogged to the lift, wanting to get out so that i could go get a beverage from my favourite cafe before having to train. just as the lift doors were about to close, a metal hand held them open, as bucky slipped inside quickly.
"i don't appreciate you running off on me like that" he grumbled into my ear, his breath tickling my ear. i cleared my throat,
"good thing that i don't care then" i replied as i walked out. he frowned behind me before slipping his fingers into the waist of my jeans and spinning me around to face him,
"we're not doing this again y/n" he said firmly, i sighed and nodded,
"i just..i don't know" i tutted, scratching the top of my head. he gave me a gentle smile,
"we'll try our best, deal?" he murmured. i stared at him, the gears in my mind turning,
"i need to get a coffee" i blurted out, before turning around and heading out.

after getting a coffee and getting into my gym clothes. i headed down to train, no one was in there. only me, thank god. pietro had ditched, complaining that he was too tired, which was definitely a pile of balls. i skipped over to the punching bag, after wrapping bandage over my knuckles, i shoved my earphones into my ears.
a good while later, the punching bag hung up, sand spilling out of it. i sat on the floor, panting slightly as i stretched my arms and legs. i felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see bucky standing there.
"what?" i panted, pulling my earphones out.
"you didn't hear me speaking?" he asked, i shook my head and nodded at my earphones.

"wanna train together?" he asked, i groaned and shook my head,
"my legs are kinda sore from..training already" i replied. he grabbed my hand and pulled me off the floor,
"sore from training huh?" he murmured, taking a step closer. i turned around and walked in the other direction to grab my cardigan.
"come on, you scared that you won't be able to win?" he teased. i turned around, one eyebrow raised at him.
"screw you" i huffed as i stepped onto the mat with him.

around five minutes later, i was winning. bucky lay on the floor, wheezing slightly after i had kicked him in his stomach.
"aw well you'll get better" i cooed, offering a hand to pull him up. he grabbed it and yanked me down onto the mat beside him.
"prick" i scoffed when he rolled on top of me, his hands firmly holding my arms against the mat.
"i win" he chuckled, looking down at me. i raised my leg slightly and knocked him off me, sending him toppling onto the mat beside me.
"i actually won" i wheezed, coughing slightly.

he leaned on his arm to face me,
"y/n" he whispered, i turned my head to face him. bucky licked his lower lip, sweat dripping down his forehead.
"you never answered my question earlier" he murmured, as he watched me stand up.
"and what was that?" i asked, pulling him up.
"you know damn well what it was" he chuckled, following after me like a lost dog.
"enlighten me" i replied, he spun me around.
"i asked if you wanted to try and make it work" he smiled. i stared at him, looking at his brown hair which clung to his forehead, his blue eyes piercing into mine.
"i just-" i began saying,
"be honest" he whispered, nodding at me. i chewed on my inner cheek before nodding at him,
"only if you promise to keep it low" i murmured. he grinned at me before holding out his pinkie. as we walked out, he wrapped his arm around me.
"low profile barnes, low profile" i whispered, pushing his arm off me. he held his arms up in defence,
"my bad" he chuckled, before jogging off in the direction of his room. well, i was going to have a lot of fun with this.

"y/n!" tony shouted as i walked into my room, he had a devious smile on his face,
"oh god you're planning a party aren't you, what's the occasion?" i groaned. tony rolled his eyes,
"your birthday's tomorrow, i haven't forgotten and i'm not missing an opportunity to have a party" he winked before jogging off.
"fucking brilliant" i murmured under my breath, watching him running along happily.