-15-

"will she be okay?" bucky asked,
"since when did you care?" wanda's voice asked.
"i don't" bucky replied.
"she'll be okay hopefully" bruce's voice interjected.
"i'm okay" i groaned, the room went silent and watched as i opened my eyes and attempted to lift myself up into a sitting position.
"of course she is" tony chuckled. after i explained the whole ordeal with matt, they sat processing the words.
"shame he was one of them..he was really hot" i muttered. bucky scoffed and nat slapped the back of my head, earning her a death glare from me.
"you don't slap an injured person" i said to her. i stood up, wobbling a little but keeping my balance.
"woah sit down" steve said. i shook my head,
"i'm okay" i stated.
"you don't slap an injured person" nat mocked. i scowled at her jokingly before limping away to my bedroom.

bucky's pov

y/n walked off, a slight limp in her step.
"she's a strong one" bruce said to me quietly under his breath.
"that she is" i replied. when walking back to my bedroom, i couldn't help but peep into her bedroom. she lay on her bed, her hair wet and wearing a hoodie which was pulled up slightly
to expose her stomach. y/n stared at the bandaged wound on her stomach, tracing over it with her finger and even poking it slightly.

i knocked on the door and walked into her room uninvited.
"uh what do you want?"she asked, i rolled my eyes,
"a thank you" i replied. her mouth fell open and her eyebrows furrowed together.
"for what exactly?" she snorted. i said nothing and looked around her room, stacks of books on her desk, books overflowing on her bookshelf.
"you like reading?" i stated, but it came out as a question.
"no shit" she replied, her eyes on me as i wandered around her room.

my eyes caught onto a white photo frame which sat on her windowsill. i walked over to it and picked it up, it was a photo of her and a girl.
"who's that?" i asked, tilting the photo frame in her direction. she smirked slightly shook her head,
"you don't remember killing her?" she snorted. usually her rude remarks would get me angry, but i ignored it and continued staring at the photo. to be honest, i didn't even focus on the girl beside her, her sister. my eyes examined the way y/n looked in the photo, her eyes sparkling with joy, her hair a slight mess as she smiled cheerfully for the photo. i had never seen her that happy when she was here with all of us. i wouldn't know, but i felt like that photo was one of the best moments of her life. before the winter soldier, the part of me which is a monster, had taken her lifeline away, her sister.

"you can stop staring at the photo now barnes, it's creepy" she interrupted. i set the frame down and cleared my throat, trying to come up with something to say.
"you both look ugly in that picture" i said. the small smile on her face fell slightly and i mentally smiled at myself for saying that.
"thanks" she laughed, a fake laugh which masked the anger she was trying to hold in.
"you can leave now" she added, turning on the tv. i quickly walked out and scolded myself.

"smooth" pietro scoffed, leaning against the doorframe of my bedroom. he had seen everything.
"i didn't mean it" i explained.
"you know she told me that, the picture on her window was taken a few days before her sister was killed", pietro whispered angrily. my stomach burned up, i shrugged and chewed my lip.
"not my problem" i shrugged. pietro's eyes went dark with anger,
"stay away from her if you are going to act like that" he ordered before walking into y/n's bedroom.
shit