32

"a date with who now?" pietro asked, his mouth full of ice cream. i tapped my finger on the cover of my book and looked up to meet his gaze,
"bucky" i replied, flicking to the next page of pride and prejudice. the bed in front of me sank and i peeped up again to see pietro staring at me as if i had grown ten heads.
"oh so you like him" he chuckled, a smirk on his face. i sighed and set my book down,
"no, of course i don't. we're just friends" i murmured.
"oh come on, you are going on a date with him. you must like him" pietro stated.
"no, seriously piet. we're just hanging out but nothing's going to come from it. it's a one time thing" i laughed and walked over to my wardrobe.

after picking out a dress, which bucky had asked me to wear for today, even thought i had refused several times. i tidied up my hair a little and headed down to my car, to meet up with the man himself. bucky stood at my car and wore a shirt and trousers. he span around when he heard my footsteps and broke out into a grin,
"you look.." he started saying and ended his sentence with a wolf whistle. i rolled my eyes and tossed him my car-keys,
"i know" i winked, "you too".

i had no clue where he was taking me, hell he could've been driving me to the woods to kill me. the drive was quite long, but we both chatted to each other with the radio playing quietly in the background. obviously i was in charge of the music which was on, he had no choice. after a long drive, we parked outside an old looking building, a perfect place to murder someone.
"are you planning on killing me?" i murmured as i took off my seatbelt. he let out a chuckle,
"not today" bucky replied. i nodded, satisfied with the answer.

we walked in to the building, there was one room in it. a huge hall. wooden floors, white walls and a small chandelier sitting on the ceiling. in the corner of the room, sat a record player. i walked around, my finger tracing over the machine, dust collecting on my fingertip.
"so what are we doing here?" i asked, wiping the dust off my hand. bucky walked over to me, his shoes clacking off the wooden floors. i walked to the side and watched as he pulled out a record and blew the dust off of it. i cocked an eyebrow at him in confusion,
"this" he replied and the slight buzz of the record player started as the music began playing.
"we're listening to music? cool" i nodded and began walking around the room to look at everything.

before i could walk away, a cold, metal hand grabbed my arm and pulled me closer. i looked up at bucky with furrowed eyebrows as he started to sway to the music, forcing me slightly to do so as well. after a few seconds of swaying, it clicked. i backed away a little, with my hands in the air.
"oh i don't dance" i chuckled, shrugging slightly. he rolled his eyes and pulled me towards him again,
"you're dancing with me" he smiled.

eventually, i gave in. bucky's left hand on the small of my back and his right holding my hand. the music he was playing was old, but nice. i could tell he was enjoying this, every few seconds, i'd look up at him to see a smile on his face.
"so how'd you find this place?" i asked, blowing a piece of hair from my face. he said nothing, but in reply gave me a wink. a little later, i leaned my cheek against his shoulder, allowing him to control the dance.
"you dance beautifully doll" he murmured above my neck. i smiled to myself and lifted my head up, watching him stare into my eyes as i stared into his. a beautiful moment for two platonic friends, right?

just as he was leaning in, the words i had said to pietro earlier came back to me.
"it's a one time thing"
i hated that i was leading bucky on in a way, so when he was leaning in to kiss me. i let go of his hand and took a few steps back. bucky stared at me, a disappointed look on his face. i gave him a smile and shrugged one of my shoulders.