37

after a week of being back, i was slowly dying from the toll of training which was put on me, especially after not exercising for a month.
"i can't, i tap out" i wheezed, tapping the ground beside me multiple times as steve stared down at me. we hadn't fought each other or anything, we had just gone on a run, a stupid run.
"we've only gone a mile" he sighed, squatting down to my level. i narrowed my eyes at him and draped an arm over my forehead.
"but i'm dying, can't you see?" i whined, steve chuckled and pulled me off the grass.
"if you do another two miles, i'll get you an ice cream" he bargained. i smirked at him and pushed past as i began to jog,
"i'm more than okay with that offer" i smiled and watched as he caught up with me.

after our run, we headed back to get out of our stinking clothes and into something more casual so that we could go get ice cream. i bounced down to steve's car to see him, bucky, nat and tony all standing around his car.
"oh we're all going?" i asked, a big smile on my face. they all nodded and got into the car, i squeezed between nat and tony in the backseat as bucky and steve sat in front.
"oooh there's so many to pick from" i gasped, staring through the glass at the ice cream containers. after telling steve what i wanted, i sat down with the other three as we waited for steve to get back with our orders.

"i definitely have the best music taste" tony stated,
"no way, it's definitely me" steve scoffed, the two squabbled about who had the best taste in music, even though it was definitely me.
"y/n, who do you think has the best taste?" tony asked, turning towards me. i put a huge spoonful of ice cream in my mouth and pointed at tony before shooting steve an apologetic look.
"no offence steve" i shrugged. the whole table fell into conversation again, but just as i put a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. the shops door opened and a black haired man walked in, a very familiar black haired man. the second he looked over in my direction, i ducked under the table and placed a finger to my lips. once he had taken a seat on the other side of the room, i slowly peeped my head up,
"woah what's that about?" tony asked, looking between him and i. bucky frowned at me before turning his head in the direction of christian.
"i-" i began explaining before nat interrupted,
"no way, is that the guy you screwed when you were away? he's hot" nat gasped. bucky's face tinted red, steve's eyes were on bucky, making sure he didn't cause a scene.
"nice one" tony nodded a big smile on his face. i chuckled nervously and scratched the back of my neck,

"y/n?" christians voice spoke. i nearly swallowed my own tongue when i heard the voice and looked up to see christian standing at our table.
"oh hey" i chuckled, lifting myself off the floor.
"why were you on the floor?" he asked, frowning slightly.
"i dropped an earring" i shrugged, he nodded slowly,
"but you're wearing both" he stated, i rolled my eyes,
"that's because i found the other one" i said sweetly. the others all watched carefully, from the corner of my eye i could see bucky's fists clenching.
"you just uh- you disappeared that night and devi told me you lived somewhere around here" christian explained. i nodded slowly before grabbing a napkin and scribbling my number onto it.
"i gotta dash, but here-i'll see you around maybe" i babbled before dashing out of the door, mentally cringing at myself.

did i feel like going back? no. i knew bucky would be pissed at me, but he had no right to be. we were supposed to be friends, just friends. i found myself walking in a certain direction, getting on a bus and knocking on a door to be greeted by wong.
"hey" i chirped, he opened the door for me to
come in,
"boy problems?" wong asked, i nodded and slumped onto a chair.
"i think i might just date a really old man, cause then he'll..you know..and i'll get ca-ching" i explained, rubbing my hands together. stephen walked into the room,
"please don't do that" he sighed playfully,
"unless you're willing to split the profits" wong winked.
"deal" i smiled.