-8-

"seriously a party tonight? for what?" i asked tony. he looked up from his suit and grinned,
"think of it as a 'welcome back y/n' celebration" he announced.
"but i arrived nearly two weeks ago" i stated. tony sighed and scratched his head,
"honestly y/n, i was in the mood to have one and you coming back again just gave me the opportunity", he admitted.
"fair enough" i shrugged and hopped off the seat.

a few hours later, wanda, nat and i walked around random shops. trying to find something to wear for tony's party. nat picked a black lace dress, wanda picked a red dress and i chose a champagne coloured knee length one.
"i hate parties" i said to peter who sat on my bed watching tv.
"makes two of us" he said.
"so how's mj?" i asked suddenly. his face turned slightly pink at the mention of her name,
"she's-yeah shes good" he stuttered. i ruffled his hair and lay back on my bed.
"wait pete..what time does the party start at?" i asked him, lifting my arm to check my watch.
"like seven or something why?" he asked.
"it's eight" i whispered. the both of us looked at eachother with wide eyes and then jumped up, peter ran out my door whilst i searched through my bag to find my dress. i quickly styled my y/h/c hair and sprayed on some chanel perfume.

i slipped into the party without having any attention drawn to me, which was the aim of the game. from the corner of the room, peter waved at me and i gave him a small thumbs up.
"you're late to your own party" tony said behind me.
"sorry i didn't check the time" i replied, turning around to see him in his suit with pepper alongside him in a pretty blue dress.
"you look stunning" i said to her, she smiled and returned the compliment.
"well go talk to people, you look strange just standing here" tony chuckled before walking off with pepper.

i sauntered around a bit, talking with random people and people i knew. after accepting a glass of champagne, i held it in my hand as i walked around trying to find someone to hide with.
"you look great!" a familiar voice stated behind me. i turned around to see steve wearing a blue shirt, bucky behind him in a black shirt.
i haven't forgiven steve for his little outburst so the past few days around him have been pretty..well awkward.
i gave him a tight lipped smile and turned back around, ready to walk to the bar.
"i really am sorry. i didn't mean any of it" steve said, walking fast behind me to catch up.
"i know" i said calmly and walked over to nat and bruce who were at the bar.

after settling into a conversation with the two, they both walked off together, big smiles on their faces. i sat alone, sipping timidly at a cocktail that nat had made. someone sat beside me and i turned to see a shield agent, he gave me a smile and turned his body around to face me.
"you okay?" he asked, i nodded. a while later, him and i were in deep conversation with eachother. i laughed along to his jokes, my hand on his shoulder as a small flirtatious gesture. after wiping the tears from my eyes after all that laughing, i looked to the side to see bucky staring over. his arms were crossed over his chest and a look of disgust on his face.

the shield agent and i walked out together and ended up going to my bedroom. after a while of 'getting to know eachother', he left my room at around three in the morning. when i opened my door for him to leave, bucky stood at his bedroom door, which was basically opposite mine. he watched as the lovesick agent made his way to the lift, then looked over at me,
"that's gross" he said, nodding at the man who was in the elevator. with my ring finger, i wiped away the lipstick which was messed in the corner of my mouth.
"whatever barnes"
"do you usually take random guys to your room after a party?" he asked, disgust flashing over his face.
"maybe" i shrugged. he scoffed and shook his head,
"what's his name?" bucky muttered.
"i dunno, matt or matthew or billy. i cant remember" i said, furrowing my eyebrows as i tried to remember the guys name.
"so you're a slut?" he chuckled. i narrowed my eyes at him and took a step forward. his eyes travelled down my body, which was only covered in a black silk robe.
"just cause you haven't been fucked for god knows how many decades, doesn't give you the right to call me that" i stated, poking my index finger in his chest. i turned around on my heel and slammed the door closed, giving him a silent message that the hate i have for him just increased.