-11-

bucky's pov

i watched as she got out of the car, my cheek still stinging from the harsh slap she gave me. i deserved it. i didn't mean to say what i said, i was just angry that she gave me such a short response to my thank you.

it was raining outside, not heavy rain but there was a lot of it. y/n kept her word, she kept walking, not looking back once. her jacket was soaked along with her hair and i knew that she was freezing her ass off. pietro would lose his mind if he knew that y/n had walked a far distance in the rain, especially since they're so close.

"fucks sake" i muttered and pulled off my seatbelt, i followed behind her, the road was empty. no cars, nothing. y/n looked around, her face dropping when she saw me following her.
"piss off barnes" she shouted. i rolled my eyes and ran up to her,
"you don't know the way back" i chuckled.
"i'll find a way back" she said sternly and kept walking.
"come y/n that's enough. tony and pietro wouldn't be happy if you got a cold" i shivered. she held her head up high and kept walking, her boots splashing through puddles.
"that's it" i said and picked her up, pulling her over my shoulder. she kicked herself off me and shoved me back,
"i want to walk, so i'm walking" she hissed. my anger was getting the best of me so i let her have her way,
"dont blame me if you get fucking attacked" i shouted before walking back to my car and driving off. in my peripheral vision i saw her continuing to walk. stubborn bitch.

"where's y/n?" steve asked as i walked in to the compound, everyone turned around, confusion flashing over their faces once they realised i had come in alone.
"she wanted to walk" i said, shaking the water out of my hair.
"she what!" tony shouted. i shrugged and took a seat beside sam,
"did you say something to her? cause y/n would never get out of a warm car to walk" nat interrupted.
"yeah. i guess.." i murmured. pietro walked over and sat opposite me,
"what did you say?" he spat.
"just something about her sister, i didn't mean it" i grumbled.

hours had passed, y/n still wasn't back. but truth be told, there was a long distance to go. i had gotten a good scold from everyone, pietro nearly pounced at me but sam held him back. i sat on my bed, my bedroom door wide open, waiting for her to return so i could apologise. i didn't give a shit about hurting her feelings, she hurt mine the other day, i just needed everyone to get off my back.