28

bucky and i rarely spoke after that mild argument. we both did as i said, only looked at eachother during training or during a mission. the others seemed to notice the lack of communication between the two of us, but said morning about it. weeks after weeks, each day consisting of avoiding each other.

i know i said that i don't do dates, but nearly every weekend i hung out with the guy who took me to the cinema, his name was harry and no, i hadn't screwed him. there was one thing i was aiming for, to get in a relationship to prove to someone in particular that i wasn't a whore.

"date with harry tonight?" nat asked, taking a sip of beer as she watched me search for my car keys.
"yep" i replied with a smile and threw some pillows off of the sofa, my hands gliding around trying to find the bloody keys.
"looking for these?" bucky asked. i froze and looked up to see him swinging my keys around on his metal index finger. i said nothing and walked up to him, snatching the keys off of him.
"i'll see you later nat" i smiled and threw my keys into my bag.
"tell me how tonight goes, i have a feeling he might ask" she said with a wink. i chuckled and gave her a little wave before sliding past bucky and making my way to the lift.

bucky's pov
i watched as y/n made her way to the lift, she was wearing a dress. hell that was something i had never seen before, it clung to her body perfectly and i tried my best to not check her out in the slightest.
"what's he going to ask?" i asked, turning to nat.
"he'll ask if she wants to make it official" she shrugged. i nodded slowly,
"think she'll say yes?"
"maybe, she seems to really like the guy" nat replied with a shrug before walking out. my jealousy was skyrocketing. yes y/n and i hadn't spoken properly in weeks, but i didn't give a shit.
she better not fucking say yes.

your pov
the date was over, and let's just say, it didn't exactly go as planned. i sat in my car, my head pressed against the steering wheel as i tried to calm myself down. after taking a few deep breaths, i made my way to the compound.

i peeped through the door to see everyone sitting together, all circled around the tv. a few minutes passed and i decided to just walk in. everyone span around, smiles on their faces, expecting me to be smiling from my outing with harry. instead they were met with me standing there, gashes covering my arms, the strap of my dress torn and blood coating my hands.
"hey" i said cheerfully. their faces all dropped, my eyes met bucky's, he stared at me, his face red with anger? or maybe he was just red in general.

"ew what the hell happened?" scott asked, i threw my bag onto a chair and attempted to adjust the strap of my dress.
"oh i had to kill him" i said nonchalantly, bucky smiled slightly at the words i had spoken, whilst the others burst out into interrogation mode asking me what happened. i explained to them how all of a sudden a group of dodgy looking men walked in, how harry had attempted to keep me there by pinning me to the table, which failed and how i ended up taking out most of them.
"god i am so done with men and dating and literally everything in that sector" i groaned and grabbed a bottle of beer. everyone chuckled, a few agreeing before i walked into the lift and made my way to my room.

"always knew there was something up with him" bucky said from my doorway. i sighed and clutched onto the towel which was wrapped around my body,
"if you're here to tell me some shit that i don't want to hear, then you can go" i said, crossing my arms over my chest.
"i'm sorry, for all the insults about you being a slut" bucky blurted out, scratching the back of his neck.
"i don't know why i said it" he added. i walked up to him and nodded,
"yeah i don't know why you said it either". i chuckled before closing the door on him.