25

the next morning i woke up, my head a little sore from last nights drinking. i groaned when i remembered that bucky and i had kissed last night, how fucking stupid was i?

after getting ready, i sprayed on some perfume and peeped through my bedroom door, it was still pretty early and bucky's door was closed, so i'm guessing that he was asleep. i wasn't going to let last night affect anything, i still hate him and he still hates me. that's how it goes.

i made my way down to the kitchen and greeted the few who sat down there, drinking coffee and eating breakfast.
"you look tired" tony said, squinting his eyes at me.
"thanks" i replied and took a sip of coffee. there were footsteps and i looked to the side to see bucky jogging into the kitchen. i nearly choked on my coffee when he sent me a smile, steve noticed and looked between me and bucky, sensing that something was up.
"i'm going on a run, see you" i said to the others and quickly walked past bucky and slid into the lift.

after getting into my running clothes, i made my way outside and quickly tightened my shoelaces. a pair of shoes walked in front of me and i looked up to see bucky also in his running clothes. i narrowed my eyes at him and began running, leaving him behind. footsteps erupted behind me and i looked around to see bucky running behind me with a frown on his face.
"what the hell are you doing?" i asked as he ran beside me.
"running with my partner. what else?" he smirked. i clenched my jaw and slowed down a little bit.
"just because we hung out last night, does not mean we're buddies now" i said, giving him a glare.
"seriously?" he scoffed.

i stopped running and turned around to face him,
"yes seriously. we were both intoxicated" i sighed. he shook his head and chewed on his bottom lip.
"no, we were hardly drunk and we kissed. we can't go back to normal after that" he pleaded. i shook my head and let out a little frustrated laugh.
"barnes, that kiss meant nothing okay? it was-it was just a stupid drunk mistake" i explained, my eyebrows furrowed. his face dropped slightly and my stomach hurt a little from the guilt of being angry at him.
"drunk mistake huh?" he scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief.
"that's exactly what it was and you know it" i said softly before continuing my run. leaving him standing behind me.

bucky's pov

drunk mistake. drunk mistake? of course it was, i knew it was but hearing her say it just hurt a bit. i watched her running off, her hair bouncing and her shoes splashing through puddles. with a sigh, i ran back to the compound. when i got into my room, steve sat on my bed, flicking through the file which y/n had stolen out for me.
"who gave you this?" he asked, looking up. i pulled off my jacket,
"y/n" i shrugged. he nodded slowly, a faint smile on his face.
"what happened between you and her buck?" he asked, i sighed, knowing that he knew something had happened last night.

after i explained everything which happened last night and this morning, steve sat quietly,
processing my words.
"you like her?" he asked. i sighed and shook my head,
"no"
"buck..come on" steve chuckled. i smiled slightly and shook my head again,
"seriously, i don't like her.. she's just a whiny bitc- um i mean a whiny idiot" i mumbled.
"stop lying to yourself buck. y/n's not the type to get into relationships, she's been with us for years and not once has she been in one" steve said, trying to make me feel better.
"thanks bud" i sighed and he gave me a smile before walking out. there were footsteps and i looked up to see y/n outside her bedroom door, unlocking it. she was panting from her run and she looked over to see me sitting glumly on the bed. with the shake of her head she walked in and closed the door behind her. i don't give a shit about what she said, that kiss meant more than what she said it did. and i'm going to prove it.