|><|Chapter Eleven: Friend

"Can you be with me for the day?"

Changkyun, though quite expecting for the teacher to request something along that line, still stood there a little surprised. Is that even a question, of course he can. Even if he can't, he will anyway, as long as Mr.Chae ask him to.
His short pause of shock, however, was misread by Hyungwon as hesitation.

Hyungwon was about to open his mouth to take back what he said out of embarrassment, realizing just how odd it was for him to request such a thing to his student. But Changkyun had already sat back to his chair and agreed to his request even before he managed to conjure a sentence to take it back.

There wasn't much to what Hyungwon had wanted. He just asked Changkyun for his company, they walked together side by side, at the town's old park where not a lot of people go to. 

There was mostly silence between them, Hyungwon drowning in his thoughts while Changkyun studying him, wondering what was going on his mind. Occasionally, just so Changkyun wouldn't feel too bored, not that he does anyway, Hyungwon would ask the younger random questions which ranges from school stuff to silly things such as what his favourite ice cream top or what video game he likes the best. Apparently, the literature teacher likes playing games as well –he bragged to be really great but for some reason Changkyun kinda doubts that. Mr. Chae doesn't look like someone who would play a lot of video games, he looks more of an aesthetic journaling or reading books all day type of person.

Their talks doesn't go on, it ends quite quickly. It's literally question, answer, comment, silence then repeat. Though surprisingly enough it wasn't awkward at all, to some degree it was rather calm and peaceful. It's just that they don't have anything to talk about that much, but it wasn't uncomfortable to both sides.

It was nice, Changkyun likes it very much, he gets to think to himself about some random life stuff and see Mr. Chae's face every minute that he pleases. He would give everything to spend his weekends like this.

After a solid minute of staring at Hyungwon, the younger turned his eyes to roam around the place, if he could he wouldn't take away his gaze from the beautiful teacher. But he figured it would be too obvious if he stare at him for a very long time, so Changkyun settles on just giving a few glances every few minutes, giving the impression that he's only checking if Hyungwon is okay or what.

"This place is pretty much abandoned.." Changkyun heard the teacher muttered, making him glanced back at him. He wasn't looking at Changkyun, his eyes were fixed on surveying the park.
"...kinda looks creepy " Hyungwon added. Taking in the dry and dusty grounds, fallen leaves from the unhealthy looking tall trees and vandalized stone benches, the two wooden swings that hangs from a big tree in a distance, the wind swaying it ever so lightly, there was even a small water fountain at the middle of the park but there was no water coming out of the teapot  the maiden statue was holding, she was missing one of her arms too. The place would really look like those scary and sketchy settings in horror films during night time but since it was still mid-day it was really nothing.  

"This place were very lively once"
Changkyun commented, he vaguely remembered that it used to be popular with families and children back then, him and his family used to go there for picnics back when he was still very young. But ever since other parks and tourist spots had been renovated and modified, the small park seemed to had been forgotten. It wasn't quite a wonder as to why though. The park is small and is quite a distance from the town's capital, it was just beside the woods. There were far more better parks around town, such as the wide one with fresh green grass near their school and the one near the church which seem to never run out of decorations to match different occasions like Christmas and Valentine's day. The only thing this park could offer now is a peaceful place, which wasn't so bad at all now that Changkyun thought about it.