|><| Chapter Seven: What Now?

"I don't want to go Min, I still have a bunch of papers to grade" Hyungwon says as he talk to his friend Minhyuk on the other the line. He have his phone tuck in between his ear and shoulder as his hands are both unavailable because of the paper bags full of groceries he was holding.

It was around dusk and he was calmly walking home (with a little struggle in carrying all the groceries) from the grocery store that Kihyun, his other co-worker / friend forced him to get.

Hyungwon heard Minhyuk started to whine on the other side, which made him give a tired sigh.

"But Wonnie, its just for a few hours. We hadn't hang out since forever ~ even Kihyun is coming" Minhyuk whine over the phone.

"Sorry Min, maybe next time" He said.  Minhyuk gave a childish huff but did not protest anymore. He knew he won't be able to make Hyungwon agree at this point anyway. He had been asking the literature teacher to join them for bowling since the day before but he had been so keen on declining. Hyungwon actually didn't see the point in hanging outside as the three of them been living together for the last 5 years, they always see each other at home and at work. They even have drinks every first Friday of the month at their place.

"Well, fine! But next time you're coming with us okay? I gotta go now, lock the doors since you'll be all alone. Ki and I might be home around 12. Bye" And with that the call ended.

Hyungwon let out another sigh, but this time it was a sigh of relief. Glad that Minhyuk was off his back about hanging out side and Kihyun won't be at the apartment to nag at him. He have freedom for the rest of night.

He stopped walking to try and get his phone pack on his pocket, but even before he was able to move and take it, the phone fell on the hard cold street. Hyungwon cursed inside his head and hope that there'll be no cracks on the screen, he hates using phones that has broken screens.

Hugging all his groceries and making sure none would fall, he slowly bend down and take it but a hand quickly snatched the phone off the ground. He looked up and saw a much younger boy handing it to him.

He frown at first and stood up, but then let out a soft smile recognizing the young boy.

It was his student, Changkyun. Hyungwon had always been fond of him. He's quiet but really smart, not the type to brag about knowledge and boast about stupid teenage things. He likes those kind of students.

"Do you need help Mr. Chae?" The younger asked politely, giving Hyungwon his phone. And proceeded to take one of the paper bag in Hyungwon's arms.

Hyungwon who already felt his hands went numb, didn't refuse the offer and gave a small and shy nod. Thinking that Changkyun was only offering to hold his grocery while he tuck away his phone back where it belongs. Plus, the kid didn't seem to wait for his approval as he himself already took the bag.

Putting his phone back on his pocket, he look back at Changkyun who was standing there, not looking at him.

"Thank you...I can take it from - " Hyungwon says, and try to reach for the grocery. But Changkyun moved it away, making Hyungwon raise his eyebrow.

"I... I'll just bring it for you Sir. You seem to be having a hard time" Changkyun said not looking at him, but at the ground.

"No, it's okay. I think I can manage. I don't want to bother you anymore than I already did" Hyungwon said softly.

"I... I insist Sir... It's fine."Changkyun responded.

Hyungwon let out a breath of defeat and just nodded. There's no use in fighting with him as he really did need some help anyway.