|><| Chapter Twenty-five: Talk in with Mr. Lee

" That's all for today. You, kids, can go now. Good luck with all your upcoming exams!" Mr.Lee hyperactively dismissed his class. Changkyun who was sitting at the back, let out a harsh breath through his nose seeing it. The older looked too friendly and happy, like always. It was weird to see now after what happened three days ago.

He had no idea how things went down after Hyungwon had come back from their apartment that night. He hasn't said anything to Changkyun about it, and every time Changkyun would ask, the older would just brush it off by saying all is fine. It doesn't feel fine, at all. Changkyun was nervous about what the art teacher would do with the knowledge of him and Hyungwon dating. He wouldn't do anything to get his friend in trouble, that's for sure. So taking that off the list, what else can he do? Not knowing is what scares Changkyun. He almost didn't attend art class because of it. He didn't even need the subject in the future. He just took it since the rest of the electives sounds suffocating. He thought an hour of art class twice a week would be a good stress relief. Funny how it turned out to be the most suffocating one.

"Mr.Im, can you please stay behind? I need help bringing some materials back to the supply room " Minhyuk says, when Changkyun tried to swiftly slip away from his class. Asking him to carry a box filled with acrylic tube paints and a stack of old newspapers. Thinking it was a nice alibi to get Changkyun without the rest of the students thinking the boy is in trouble or avoid any type of possible suspicions. Besides, he does need some help.

The walk to the supply room was almost the same level of awkward that time in Hyungwon's car when the older cried and he just sat there watching. There was a meter gap between them as they walk the hallways, other students walking their way to their classes passing them left and right. When they reached the room, Minhyuk opened the door and wordlessly gestured for him to enter first. Changkyun did as he was told, the older going in after him.

"Where should I put these, Mr.Lee?" Changkyun asked after clearing his throat out of awkwardness.

"Just place the paints there. The newspapers in the cabinets at the back" Mr.Lee tells him without even looking at him as he sorts the used but cleaned brushes back to their respective places.

Changkyun did as he was told and set the box of acrylics down on a broken chair. Then turn to put back the newspapers. He looked around for a second, being it his first time in the supply room. Mr.Lee always asks help from other students to bring or take things there, but he had never been asked before. Mr.Lee has never really noticed him before, that's why. Usually, the suck-ups are the ones volunteering to help out. There was nothing special in the room. It's a small space filled with art and other recyclable materials. Some of the used and finished crafts were randomly placed around. It was quite a mess.

Reaching the cabinets, he saw a sign plastered on the door that says 'Old papers'. Opening it, he was met with a half-filled space of old magazines, newspapers, and used papers. Changkyun just shove the newspapers in, wanting to get done with it and go. He wasn't sure what was the teacher's plan having him come all the way there with him. Does he want to talk or does he just want to intimidate him? Lee Minhyuk is not really one for intimidation. But right now, he does make Changkyun uncomfortable.

Changkyun went back and stood near the teacher, who seems to be still organizing the brushes, which Changkyun now thinks is a facade. He stood there with his hands clasped in front of him out of politeness as he wait for the art teacher's next move. He wondered if it'll be rude to just go, as the other seems to have no plans of dismissing him. He has P.E. in like ten minutes and he still hasn't changed into his P.E. uniform yet.

As much as he would love to miss the Physically draining subject, he didn't want to be stuck in this room with Minhyuk.

Wait. Is this his plan? Does he want me to miss my next class?