|><|Chapter Eight: Hyung

It was quiet between them for a very long time. It was so awkward that Changkyun was mentally beating himself for whatever made him do what he just did.

The only sound Changkyun could hear is the pouring rain outside and the occasional thunders. The television that Mr.Chae had open for him to make himself entertained was playing some variety show with idols that Changkyun wasn't quite familiar with. He fixed his eyes on the TV but he couldn't keep his focus to even understand a few sentences that was being said by the people there.

Mr. Chae was sitting across from him, the only thing separating them was the small glass coffee table. He was busy grading some student's essays that he informed Changkyun was from another class so he won't have a chance peeking at his own essay as the teacher had graded theirs the night before, not that Changkyun cares about it anyways.

"Aren't you sleepy?" Mr. Chae asked, making Changkyun slightly flinched out of surprise by the sudden question.

Hyungwon had noticed the kid glanced at him once in a while he find his eyes a little uncomfortable at first as he didn't know what to think about it, but then relaxed when he assumed the boy might be tired and wanted to get rest but is too shy to ask him things.

"uhm..."Changkyun rubbed his nape feeling embarrassed under Mr. Chae's gaze.
" Just a little tired Sir... " He decided to say.

Hyungwon nodded and stood up from his seat, setting the stock of essays he have in one brown envelope." We don't have a guest room, so I guess it's okay to let you sleep in my room tonight. Are you comfortable with that? "

Changkyun almost choked hearing that. Mr. Chae's room? He'll be sleeping in Mr. Chae's room? Will Mr. Chae sleep there too? That's going to be awkward but he wouldn't mind.

Okay, maybe he does mind.
His heart would be too weak to handle the feels.

"What... What about you Sir?" Changkyun asked.

Mr. Chae looked at him for a while, making Changkyun squirm a little on his seat. Not sure of what to think why the teacher is looking at him like that. But Mr. Chae quickly gave a small soft smile even before Changkyun could decide what his look meant.

"It's okay, The other's are not around. I could use Minhyuk's room for the night" He finally answered.

Changkyun wasn't sure if he's going to feel relieve or disappointed about that. His little boy crush self wished Mr. Chae would sleep beside him, no matter how ridiculous and impossible that sounds. While his more sane self knew the teacher should be far from him. He's a teacher and Changkyun was his student, on top of that he was still a minor. Mr. Chae would never want to get involve with him.

What a hopeless crush.

Mr. Chae left him by the living room at first, saying that he'll fix a few things in his room first and get him more comfortable clothes to sleep in. Changkyun can't help but feel his young heart flutter at the thought of how nice and kind the teacher is. He also can't help thinking how in a few minutes he'll be wearing Mr. Chae's clothes. He wonders if it will smell as good as Mr. Chae always does.

Changkyun mentally scolded himself when his thoughts went on a bit darker side. What is he doing? Mr. Chae was being so nice to him and here he is thristing over the teacher. He can't help but think how much of a creep he is being at the moment.

Suddenly, upon waiting, Changkyun noticed Mr.Chae's phone that was placed on the center table, lit up and vibrate.

Someone was calling him.

He unconsciously glanced and look at the caller ID.

📞 Calling...