|><| Chapter twenty one : See me after class

Hyungwon wasn't surprised not to see Changkyun in his class the next day, nor the day after that. The boy was absent for consecutive days, which made Hyungwon incredibly worried and guilty. Though he found out on Changkyun's forth day of absence that he actually goes to school. Only, he skips his class.

That knowledge made his heart squeeze a little, but he tried to buried down whatever it was he was starting to feel.

But what is it that he's starting to feel?

Dreadfully, Hyungwon knows exactly what it was. It wasn't the first time he felt his heart beat that way towards someone. And that fact, make Hyungwon wants to smash his head on a wall. He scolded himself for such foolishness.

He couldn't possibly be feeling that. He shouldn't. Like he had said, there's a line he shouldn't cross. Out of all people why is it towards the boy? Why can't it be with anyone else?

Hyungwon stayed up late staring at the ceiling, thinking hard about his repetitive battling thoughts. A whole debate going on inside his head for the majority of the day.

On Monday, exactly a week since the last time they met at the park. Changkyun finally attended his class. He went straight to his desk, ignoring the teacher who's checking the attendance. He did not bother apologizing for arriving late, not even sparing a glance at the teacher's direction. The other students were baffled of his behavior but did not think much of it. Hyungwon had let it slipped, well aware of what caused such impoliteness. He was just glad Changkyun started to attend again, because another missed day and he would have to either talk to him or call his parents. Both things he wants to do none of. He can't talk to Changkyun, seeing him already creates such thick tension. He can't call his parents, he might just get the boy in trouble with them. Which feels a little hypocritical since technically, he's the reason why their child is missing classes.

Another week goes by, everyday was the same. Changkyun normally attends classes . But he was unlike before, he would be either late or sleeping on his desk. Sometimes, it seems as if he's actually listening to the lectures but with the way he rest his chin on his palm and stare outside the window not even 5 minutes into the lecture, Hyungwon thinks otherwise.

Surprisingly, the boy did not dropped out of the club. Infact, he was always present on every meeting. He seems to get friendly with Ha Seon. The two of them silently giggling and laughing over silly things that seems only they could understand. There was even one time Hyungwon saw them sitting at the side of the hallways. Pens and a notepad in hand, assumably doing their assigned work.

With light footsteps Hyungwon entered the school auditorium, where the students are busy doing their own tasks of creating and setting up props for an upcoming play. The others on the side talking about possible planned booths and other activities. The school foundation festival would be in a week, the students council and every class and school clubs were getting busy for the two day event.

"NO! CHANGKYUN GIVE IT BACK!"
Hyungwon quickly turned his head in reflex, hearing the words accompanied with laughter.

Not far from where he was standing, his eyes landed on Changkyun who was currently standing on a plastic chair, holding up a notebook above his head while Ha Seon stayed on the ground, jumping and holding out her hand to try and reach for it. Hyungwon felt his heart itch uncomfortably at the sight. But he brush it off. Changkyun is a teenager, obviously his interests would come and go as quick as lightning.

" You students behave now, before anyone gets hurt. We don't want your parents coming to give complaints now do we?" Hyungwon hears himself saying loudly as he made his way towards where Changkyun and Ha Seon was. He wasn't facing the two as he says that, which made it seem like he's saying it to everyone. He internally winced the moment the words run out of his mouth. His tone sounded intimidating yet dismissive rather than the caring and playful one he intended to. He sounded exactly like Kihyun. Maybe that was the reason why all the student within his perimeter quickly stopped messing around.