|><| Chapter twenty : Heartbreak

Hyungwon found himself halting in front of his own classroom, his whole self seeming to have the fear of entering. His head is aching so badly, he hadn't been sleeping well for two consecutive nights. But he paid no attention to it as his mind is worrying about something else.

He was worrying about seeing Changkyun. The last time he saw him, he bolted out and left the poor boy after his confession with a much poorer act of urgency. There was no emergency that day, he just pretended to escape the situation. Kihyun, who called him had been so confused of the things he said. Hyungwon knew it was such a coward thing to do. He was a jerk to do that to the younger. He had always been like that. He runaway first thing from none letter-perfect situations.

He had been so shocked of the confession and had no idea how to handle it. He is the adult between them and yet he addressed it so horribly and immaturely. He was about to call in sick today, just to avoid it a little longer. But knew that's going too far and is very unprofessional. He really need to talk to the younger. It was unfair for him to runaway, whether he shares the same thoughts about him or not. It's only right to face him.

"Good morning Sir"

Hyungwon was startled when a pair of female students greeted him. He quickly gave a forced smile, acknowledging their greeting, stepping aside to let them enter first which both students shyly and awkwardly did.

With a sigh, Hyungwon followed them. He was greeted with a bunch of good morning greetings from students near by as he went straight to his desk. The bell hasn't rung yet and he was there again, early as usual. He's sure most students don't appreciate how he's always present inside the classroom, specially on vacant periods for they can't act all wild and crazy within the precence of a teacher. Not that Hyungwon would mind much, with Kihyun nagging at his ear 24/7 and Minhyuk creating chaos at home, he can proudly say that he's trained to work within uproarious environments. He much rather deal with the noisy chatter of the students than with his colleague's constant questions about his life and gossips about others. Right now though, it seems like the faculty room is far much better place to be in.

He tried hard not to give a glance at the students' seats, still not ready to see Changkyun. But eventually, he can't resist and glances up. His eyes went directly to Changkyun's designated desk, second to the last row, near the windows by the left side of the classroom. He remembered when he re-assigned seats, he did not move Changkyun's chosen spot after he begged the teacher not to. Claiming that he really likes it there as the place helps him think and focus. He had always been fond of the younger so he agreed with the condition that he will pay more attention to class. Now, Hyungwon felt bad recalling all of their interactions, it seems like he had been unknowingly leading him on. He should have noticed and draw the line when it was still early.

His eyes met no one sitting there. Hyungwon pursed his lips. It's either he's late today or he's absent. He kinda expected that and he doesn't know what to feel about it.

The bell rang, telling for the first period of the day to start. With a sigh, Hyungwon started talking, pausing and looking over the doorway when a student burst in, bashfully standing by as he sees the teacher already inside. Hyungwon half expected it to be Changkyun but was dissapointed and relieved at the same time to see it wasn't.

"Mr.Kwon, good morning, please head to your seat now. You're lucky I haven't started with the rollcall yet or else I'll write you down as late" He said, he tried to sound nice and warm but it came out as if he's bored beyond death, showcasing to everyone that he wasn't in the brightest mood.

The student quickly gave a bow of gratitude and apology, verbally muttering his thanks for consideration and sorry for arriving late, quickly shuffling to his desk.