|><|Chapter One: First Year, First Meeting

It was a nice Monday morning when it all had begun. Like any normal days the sun is up in the sky, the streets were bustling of passing vehicles, the people were all busy doing thier works, some are running and walking to their own destinations and all the windows from the lovely houses were open to let the light of the sun pass through, except for one window from the Lim household.

The curtains on the upper left wing of the house was drawn shut, preventing the busy world outside to enter and ruin the peacefulness of the room. A boy, no older than sixteen was peacefully sleeping on the single bed placed in the middle of the room. It had been long since his alarm had gone off and its been awhile since Mrs. Lim had finished cooking breakfast in the small kitchen downstairs, now she was currently going upstairs to her son's bedroom.

"CHANGKYUN! ARE YOU UP SON!?" Mrs. Lim called from outside of the door as she knocked on the young man's bedroom.

"CHANGKYUN! TODAY'S YOUR FIRST DAY IN SCHOOL! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE!"

Changkyun, the said boy who was sleeping in his room stirred upon
hearing his mother's voice, Changkyun slowly open his eyes. With a head still not functioning well due to being awaken against his will he sat up and rub his eyes.

" CHANGKYUN! " Mrs. Lim shouted pounding on his door.

"I'm awake mom!" Changkyun shouted back, keeping his politeness despite the rise in his tone.

"Get ready, your dad will drive you to school"

Changkyun didn't bother to gave his mother a response knowing that the lady was already on her way downstairs. With slow movements he started getting ready, he was already fixing his school tie when his phone rung out in the air.

He went to his study table, knowing that it was his friend Jooheon he answered the call.

"CHANGKYUN! WE ARE OFFICIALLY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!"
He heard his friend shouted on the other side of the line. Changkyun rolled his eyes hearing it, not sharing the same excitement his friend has.

"Quite aware Joo." He grunted and he walked out of his room and made his way downstairs.

"Aww come on man. Give a little energy in your life will you? We're high school students! How cool is that?"

"Not cool at all." Changkyun responded. He heard Jooheon sighed on the other side, gradually losing his energy because Changkyun wouldn't celebrate with him.

"I know you didn't like school for some... Unknown reason. But this is a new chapter of our lives. They say high school is one of the most memorable part of life. Who knows you might find something that will make you actually like to stay in school" For the second time he rolled his eyes at his friend's words.

"Highly doubt that" He says with a small laugh. By that time he already reached downstairs and the aroma of his mother's pancakes are filling his nose.

"I need to hang up now Joo. See you later" He bid his friend goodbye, knowing that his mother does not appreciate using phones while in the dinning table.

"Okay, I'll meet you by the gate" he heard Jooheon said before the call ended. He hid his phone in his pocket and sat down by the dinning table beside his older brother.

His breakfast was normal, done by occasional teasing from his brother and a few advices and reminders about being a good and responsible student from his parents. His parents is the most excited about him being in high school, they were talking about him entering college already, to become a scientist like his father or maybe a law student like his older brother.

Changkyun sat there quietly and meekly nodding, saying only a few countable words. He did not wish to go to college, if anything he wished to be out of school. He felt trapped in that place. It feels like it's chaining him to his responsibilities and pushing his own dreams away. It reminds him that he needed to do good, to achieve what his parents dreams for him.

In all honesty, Changkyun didn't know what his  actual dream is but at the very moment music has a very special place on his almost empty list. He mentioned it once to his father but the older Lim only said that its a hobby and a real profession requires diploma and a degree.

But I can get a degree through music right?
He thought once, but he shrugged it off and didn't dwell on it too much. He wasn't even sure if he wanted it.

He's not sure of his own dream but he was sure of two things. First, he did not wish to be a scientist or a lawyer and Second, He didn't like school.

"Chang!" His friend Jooheon screamed his name excitedly clinging onto his arm the moment the other had seen him. Despite being a bit uncomfortable of the skinship he didn't bother to brush Jooheon's hands off him. Knowing that the other was naturally quite clingy and it was usually just short live touches.

"They say we need to get our class number by the faculty first, hopefully we're classmates" Jooheon told him as they entered the campus gate. The other has already keep a good distance from him and had settled on walking beside him.

"Uh? Do you know where's everyone Chang?" Jooheon questioned him as they walked through an empty hallway. It was eerily quiet, the only sound they can hear was their footsteps.

Which was quite hard to believe because school hallways tend to be noisy and packed with students.

"How am I supposed to know?" Changkyun asked back, his energy already depleted just by  being inside the school campus for around 10 minutes.

He hated seeing the hallways, the classrooms and basically everything. He wished its the end of the day already so he could go home. He doesn't want to stay any longer inside the whole establishment.

"this is quite scary... Like in those school horror films" Jooheon muttered as he took a swift step to get closer to Changkyun.

"You hear that?" Jooheon said, quickly grabbing Changkyun's arm in slight fear.

Footsteps. That's what Jooheon had heard, Changkyun heard it too but he was logical and reasonable enough to know that it was just another person and not some serial killer or killing ghost that Jooheon is probably imagining in his mind.

"The two of you...what are you still doing here?" They heard a loud yet soft voice travel the air. They both turned around to see a tall and slender man standing a few meters away from them. He was wearing tight black khaki pants, his hair was a light chestnut brown, He have round rimmed glasses and was holding  two boxes place on top of each other preventing them to see his upper clothes. Though they were quite sure he was wearing a white polo, assumably the same one as them.

"We are on our way to get our class numb..."

Jooheon wasn't done talking when the tall man unknowingly interrupted him.

" Ah, You guys are Freshmans! You can get your class number later, We have an orientation Program for the whole school. Everyone's at the Great Hall already, I presume even the other teachers as well " He informed Jooheon and Changkyun.

"You two should go, it's probably starting by now." Both Changkyun and Jooheon gave an awkward nod thanking him.

"Uh Sunbae? If it's okay to asked, where's the great hall?"
Changkyun asked, remembering that he didn't know shit about this whole school yet.

The taller gave him a bemused expression, he had raised an eyebrow and pointedly looked at Changkyun first before he gave him an answer.

"The annex building, the one next to this. First floor" The tall man answered him. Changkyun nodded thanking him for the directions and informations.

The tall man was left there standing, watching the two of them rounded to a corner. He shook his head and gave a small amused laugh, he turned around and made his way to the faculty office.

"Sunbae?.. Do I really seem that young to look like a student?" The tall man muttered to himself.