|><|Chapter Twelve: Chae Brothers

Changkyun walked slowly, tiptoing after Hyungwon who was walking in front of him. His eyes moving around quick, praying that they won't end up bumping to his friend Jackson. The Chinese guy lives in the same building and he remembered lying to his friends the night before. They will ask him loaded questions if ever he's seen, worst is if they get upset over him ditching them to be with Hyungwon and he didn't want that to happen.

"What are you doing?" Hyungwon asked, his eyebrows furrowed,puzzled at Changkyun's behavior.
He stopped on his tracks and saw the younger tiptoing behind him in a very strange manner. He was walking, his body arched forward and his head comically turning left and right as if he's on the look out for someone.

Changkyun flinched hard upon hearing the teacher's voice. He quickly stood up straight and cleared his throat. "Uh..nothing" He answered.

Hyungwon raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing, continuing on his way, Changkyun doing the same. Walking normally for a few steps before going back to his previous stance.

He didn't waste time following Hyungwon into his apartment, letting himself in quickly and closing the door behind him, startling Hyungwon a little bit. But not thinking much about it,the older didn't comment.

Changkyun went to the living room and sat himself on the same couch he had sat on the first time he was there. Nothing had changed around the place, still tidy and everything is in place. Changkyun assumed it was Mr.Yoo's work again, as it had been mentioned by Hyungwon before that he's the one who likes keeping the apartment organized and clean. Besides, Hyungwon is clearly not much of a tidy person considering how he kept his room.

Hyungwon went to the kitchen to get Changkyun something to drink. Kihyun's neat and slightly slanted handwriting greeted him, a note was posted on the fridge.

'@ Hyunwoo's,
you weren't home when I arrived.
I'm not sure if you went home last night or a miracle happened and you actually woke up early and went outside on a weekend. But I cooked food for you, just heat it

                                    -House Master'

Hyungwon rolled his eyes at the note, yet a smile present on his face. Kihyun likes to think he's the master of the house, he always ALWAYS sign it like that whenever he left notes. Obviously, the other two didn't see him that way. Minhyuk refer to him as their mom while Hyungwon just calls him their maid.

He heated the food Kihyun left for him and prepared some juice, deciding to share the food with Changkyun. He brought it to the living room, removing the flower vase and magazines on the coffee table and randomly setting it somewhere on the floor, he started placing the food on the small table, Changkyun kindly helping him with a few utensils.

He let Changkyun eat first, the younger doing it reluctantly and shyly. While he disappears to his room to change his clothing and search for clothes that he could let Changkyun borrowed.

The younger who was left alone ate in silence and in a very slow manner. He didn't want to eat but he thought it would be too rude to decline Mr. Chae and so he did. He was a little startled when his phone suddenly vibrated on his pocket, his ringtone played. Fishing it out, he saw that it was his friend Jooheon, calling him.

Changkyun stared at it letting his phone ring, debating if he should answer it or not. He let it rung until it stopped. He took a few second pause,staring at the device before he decided to type away. 

Kyun 🐺
Can't talk right now man,
I'll get my stuff there tom.

He hesitated a little before sending it. He always told Jooheon everything so, last night he replied to Jackson so it wasn't that hard but then again lying to Jackson is also lying to Jooheon as the three of them were together. Changkyun shook his head and sent the message to his friend anyway. Besides, it's not technically a lie. He can't talk at the moment because he's busy sitting at Mr. Chae's couch, trying to calm down his heart that seems to be in the verge of bursting and he will also get his stuff tomorrow. So no, it's not a really a lie.