|><|Chapter Thirteen: Where have you been?

"I should get you home..." Changkyun heard Hyungwon muttered from beside him. The two of them were still by the side of the road where Hyungwon had pulled over. He stopped crying a long time ago that the surroundings had turned dark, the street lights brightly well lit, though the night sky looked lonely with no stars around. Changkyun already doubt they'll be able to get home early, but now he knew they will probably arrive at their town pass midnight if there'll be no breaks and stop overs. He worries how he will explain to his parents, he had never went home pass midnight. Those few times he had attended parties, he had the cover of having sleepovers at Jooheon's so he didn't have to explain why he got home so late with a smell of alcohol. His parents are chill yet  can still be very strict, they will give him a hell of questions for going home so late and drinking alcohol, specially since he still wasn't allowed to drink. There's no alcohol included today but Changkyun is not ready to answer a thousand question, because he really has no good excuse.

The ride home was the opposite of how it was on the way there. The atmosphere was tense and the silence was thick. Hyungwon only ask him his address and then both of them fell quiet. He focused on driving while Changkyun looked outside the window, buried in his own thoughts. He sometimes steal glances at the teacher and open his mouth numerous times to say something but always ended up closing it and keeping his words to himself, deciding it may not be the right time to keep asking the older stupid questions. Maybe Mr.Chae needs the silence at the moment, so Changkyun kept his mouth shut.

Eventually, the car came into a full stop, Changkyun who was nearly falling asleep in his seat flinched in surprised. He looked outside and saw that they were now infront of his house. There was no light on, only those dim ones by the front porch. Judging by the time he assumed everyone is asleep already.

" I'll... see you on Monday Hyung.." Changkyun trailed off, his voice cracking a little for not speaking for too long.

Hyungwon gave him a forced smile and a nod, his eyes in a mix of sadness and gratitude.

Changkyun nodded back a little awkwardly and unbuckled his seatbelt. "Drive safe Hyung" He says for the last time before opening the car door, but even before he could put his feet outside the vehicle Hyungwon called for him.

"Kyun-ah.."

Changkyun halted and turn his head to look back at the older, waiting for him to say something.

"I'm sorry you have to witness..that" Hyungwon said, his eyes looking away as he let out the last word, feeling the embarrassment crawled up to him. He was ashamed of crying like a little child infront of his student. He's already an adult and he still can't get himself together. He hated that, he could almost hear the judgments he always used to listen to when he was younger. He bet Changkyun view him differently now.

Changkyun seemed to caught up with his inner thoughts, so he reaches over and places his hand on the older's shoulder in a comforting manner. The very thing that he regretted not doing hours ago. He just foolishly sat there while Hyungwon cried, in fear that he might be invading the taller's personal space. Now he knew he should have at least did something.

"It's okay Hyung, We all cry once in awhile. You deserve to let your emotions out" He assured, accompanied with a small gentle smile.

Hyungwon bit his lower lip and nod his head. Suddenly, he feels as if he's the child between the two of them.

He moved and pull the younger into a hug. It was nothing intimate or romantic, it was more of a bro hug with the way he patted the younger's back.
" Thank you " He mutters near the younger's ear. His voice soft and quiet but loud enough for Changkyun to hear.

"Don't hesitate to call me if you need someone to be there and listen Hyung. I'm just here, I'll listen." He sincerely told the older as they parted from the short hug.