|><| Chapter Fourteen: We're just Friends pt.1

Changkyun walked the school hallways with a huge smile. He is usually seen with a poker face on unless he's with Jooheon and Jackson, so the happy look plastered on his face as he walk alone is quite unusual. Though no one really noticed it as nobody seemed to pay him any attention.

He feels very lively since that Saturday with Mr.Chae, despite it being a very emotional day. His Sunday had been really great as well. It was calm and recharging. He stayed in his room without being bothered by anyone. He did his surprisingly very easy homework, surf the net for hours and wrote poems and lyrics. He managed to finished the song him and Ha Seon are working on. Though, he still need to talk with her to finalize it. He is very happy today that he is almost sure noone can break his joyful mood.

"Hey Joo! Good Morning, how's your weekend?" He greeted cheerfully upon spotting Jooheon sitting by his desk.

The other look up at him then he looked back down at his desk, it looks like he was busy writing something "Fine" Jooheon curtly replied.

Changkyun frowned, slowly losing his smile. It was weird for Jooheon to give a short answer and not smile back. Usually he'll have too much energy in the morning. He'll be all smiley and loud.

Changkyun decided to shrugged it off, going to his desk in lined with Jooheon's, setting his bag down and plopping himself on the chair.
For a few countable seconds he just sat there tapping his fingers on the surface of his desk. Feeling awkward of Jooheon's unusual silence, he decided to went over and peek on what Jooheon was doing.

"Oh! did you forgot to do your history homework?" Changkyun asked. " You can copy mine.."

" I can do it myself, thanks"
Jooheon cut him off before turning a little away from him, as if saying he didn't want to talk with him.

Changkyun shut his mouth and frowned, slowly going to his seat in wonder. Why is Jooheon acting like that? Usually he'll be begging Changkyun to let him copy off him because he forgot to do his homework.

Maybe he's not in the mood.

Changkyun reasoned out, he decided to just let his bestfriend be. The bell rang right after a few seconds but no teachers entered the room just yet.
Mr.Chae is their first period and the Literature teacher is usually sitting by his desk even before the bell rings. Maybe he's still on leave, but then again he did mention to Changkyun he'll be back on Monday. Maybe he's running late this time, Changkyun didn't dwell too much on the subject. He just wished the older is much more okay than he was the last time they saw each other. The last time they talked he seems fine, but he couldn't be so sure.

For the next few minutes Changkyun just sat there messing around with his phone, boredom eating him out alive. He knew to himself it hadn't been that long since he had arrived but it felt like he's been there for hours. It felt a little weird without Jooheon bugging him. He can't help wondering if something's bothering his friend. It's truly unusual for him to keep to himself. Jooheon is never this quiet.

Changkyun turn to look at Jooheon, he was about to call for his attention to question him and make sure he's okay when someone entered the classroom.

Changkyun felt his heart skip a beat, his eyes lighting up when he saw that it was Mr.Chae who entered the room. The teacher met his eyes and gave Changkyun a small, almost invisible smile before turning to greet the whole class, apologizing for arriving a few minutes late. Without any interruptions he proceeded to get on with his lesson, only asking his students where they left off and what the substitute teacher had discussed to them while he was gone, things which Changkyun is sure the older is already quite aware of.

Seeing him immediately made Changkyun to momentarily forget about his worries towards Jooheon. His mood quickly coming back to the happy daze that he was in before entering the class. He sat on his seat properly, brightly looking at the front of the class where the teacher was talking. Unknown to him, Jooheon had glanced his way. Looking at his actions and expressions, he squinted his eyes at Changkyun, brows setting into a frown, then he looked the their teacher, before giving Changkyun a final glance, his eyes went back down on his notebook, scribbling words on the paper and not paying any attention to class.