|><| Chapter Eighteen: The Truth

"You've been too quiet today, something's bothering you?"

Changkyun was pulled out of his busy thoughts when Hyungwon's raspy voice flowed into his ear. He gave a quick look at the older and looked away again. Searching for more proper words to say.

"It's alright if you're not comfortable to share" Hyungwon assured him softly, thinking that the younger might not be comfortable to talk about whatever's going on inside his head. "Just know you can always tell me anything" He added, to make sure that Changkyun knows he'll always be there to listen, like how the younger had been doing for him for the past few weeks.

Changkyun gave a nod at his words not saying anything, Hyungwon mirrored his nod before looking away. He took one sip from his soda before setting it down, he straightened his legs from his previous criss cross position, leaning back and using his hands to support himself as he looked up at the clear blue sky. He closed his eyes and signed, feeling the shy swiss of the wind touch his face.

Changkyun couldn't help but glance at him, but he quickly looked away and focused his eyes on the grass. Not wanting to be distracted by the teacher's beauty. He was meaning to ask about the rumors, the one that Jooheon told him about. He wanted to hear from Hyungwon itself that it wasn't true, because these past few days since Jooheon had open that up to him, he couldn't stop thinking about it. Of course, Changkyun didn't believe the horrible stuff that was said about the older.

Though he can't help thinking. What if he really had been with a student but it just went wrong? What if some of what was said was true? The more he read the post the more he sees the girl not hating on Hyungwon, rather she was angry about all those who will possibly judge them and those people who possibly affected how Hyungwon's actions towards her changed. She mentioned that Hyungwon loves her but his teacher career was always in-between them, she complained about why a student and teacher couldn't be together. She just keep emphasizing how in love they were and Hyungwon, the man was just afraid to lose his job but they are completely in love, and Changkyun doesn't understand why she needed to post this. Because of the pregnancy? But if they were really in love, shouldn't she think of how it will affect Hyungwon first? This clearly had took a toll on his teaching career years ago

"Hyung..." Changkyun softly called, almost as if he was scared to do so.

Hyungwon hummed in response, opening his eyes and  looking at Changkyun's direction with expectancy.

"Can I ask you something?"

Hyungwon raised his eyebrows, but he gave a nod, telling Changkyun he can ask  him anything he wants.

"There's... there's rumors going around about you..." Changkyun hesitantly started, horribly lacking of proper words to voice them out. Though it didn't seem to matter as something about it made Hyungwon chuckled a little bit.

"Who am I with this time?" Hyungwon asked, assuming they're talking about him dating another faculty member. He doesn't understand where the students get these ideas or why he's always the main topic but it can get entertaining sometimes. Their so-cold stories and evidence are really something. Though with how things have been for years, Hyungwon is aware why he's always the talk of the town.

" You know they always talk about me, I never understand why" Hyungwon says laughing, wondering who they will pair him with once they paired him with all the faculty staff around.

" They say you had been with a student"

Hyungwon lost his smile after hearing that, his eyes snapping at Changkyun, eyes furrowed. He looked shocked to hear the words, looking like he wasn't expecting it. His reaction made Changkyun's heart fell to his stomach. What  does  that face mean? Why does he looked shaken up by the statement? Was it true?