𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚? {𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩}

Requested by: @-SUGALXSH-

[CAT-HYBRID AU]

Summary: Jisung wasn't around enough for his kitten's liking.

Genre: Angst

~~~

Nails carved scratch marks into a dining table, a boiling upset only further deepening each mark. Ears twitching at any sign of the front door opening, waiting for Han Jisung's arrival, for Lee Minho's beloved partner to walk through and greet him somewhat.

Like he did that anymore, though. These days, Jisung was very busy. Running his café 24/7, staying overtime to perfect recipes and consider upgrades and raises for different employees.

He rarely left the café, often sleeping in the staff room. And if Jisung did come home? Then he would come somewhere in the midnight AMs, and leave early in the morning.

While carving with his claw-like nails on the dining table, Minho realized that throughout that whole month he had only seen Jisung for 15 hours in total. Yes, he had had enough time alone to count each hour he managed to get alone with his boyfriend.

Another day of eating his meals alone on a table meant for more.

Another day of procrastinating and dull mood wings.

Another day of feeling unimportant and harshly neglected.

It was a very horrible feeling to say at the very least. It felt like Jisung was purposely avoiding the home- him, in particular. They had been dating for a few years, and had just moved in together three months ago. Did living together somehow make Jisung grow tired of him? Was Minho's presence not enough to satisfy Jisung?

Not being able to talk to or see Jisung for such a long time without going by himself to the Han Café led Minho to often doubt the younger and think the absolute worst.

For example, a very plausible scenario that Minho thought about often was Jisung seeing someone his age because their one year gap was too old for him. Having an affair with one of his workers, perhaps?

Another very likely scenario: Jisung not loving his feline features. Yes, when Jisung and Minho started dating, Minho had quickly revealed that he wasn't normal. That he had some habits and traits that corresponded to one of a...kitty.

But then again, Minho also understood that the Han Café was a busy one, which meant that late hours were a necessity, even for the boss. He used to be okay with Jisung leaving early and coming back late because in the end Jisung always made up for it. He would prepare a gift for Minho with his own hands, or do something special that he knew would touch the elder's heart.

And whenever he was around, Jisung would compliment his features with the most adoring pair of eyes. He would stroke Minho's dainty ears in such delicate movements, call him his kitten- and even with how corny it sounded- made Minho feel so loved and cared for. Like he was just as normal as Jisung. The younger would never force him to reveal his ears or tail, and hadn't ever touched him without confirming consent about twenty times beforehand.

Jisung was such an angelic, caring boyfriend in those times.

But the euphoria would always be over when he was gone. Days would go bye with no conversations, the most common ones being small talk.

Attention and affection were two things Minho craved heavily, not receiving them very much as he was an outcast among many in his earlier years.

Not getting either from the one he had become so truthful and vulnerable with left him all the more hurt and angry.