𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 {𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩}

Requested by strawberrulix <3

Genre: Angst

Summary: Some people, you just can't live without.

To Minho, Han Jisung was beautiful.

There were so many things to notice about Han Jisung, like the way his smiles became gummy when whole-hearted. The way his eyes would sparkle in fascination at the smallest discovery. The way he enjoyed food so well that it'd fill one up just watching. His little cheek mole. His habit of sitting pidgeon toed. His unquenchable desire for comfort and love.

These still weren't all of the things Minho could say to truly honor and satisfy his image of the perfection that was Han Jisung. If he could go into details the praises would be never ending.

But Minho couldn't show Han Jisung all of his love and care, or maybe didn't make it clear enough just how wondrous he was. Because every sweet word seemed to come in one ear and go out the other.

The only flaw in Han Jisung, was that he failed to see his own self worth.

To anyone from the outside of them, he seemed like a beautiful vase of blooming flowers. They could compliment and admire his patterns and ways, his every action for that matter. But Han Jisung was not indeed perfect, not to himself anyways. His vase had dozens of cracks and chips, his flowers had decayed and become replaced for ages only to bloom and die one again. Maybe he seemed pretty now, but he was always going to have his structure go south. Every crack and wilt was unnoticeable to the eyes of everyone but Han Jisung himself. To him, they were his weaknesses and pitiful tendencies. They let him know he was indeed imperfect, filled with mistakes and errors and wrongs and crosses— anything which screamed a feeling of loathe.

It was because of these things that Han Jisung turned a blind eye to his beauty, instead focusing on his negatives and only digging his self esteem a grave.

Even so, knowing his words most likely did not go to Han Jisung's heart nor head, Minho kept commenting about his admirable traits. Not once did he face difficulty at delivering his uplifting words, for he had always thought of Han Jisung this way, even knowing about his mental and physical scars. If anything, those scars made Han Jisung even more beautiful than he already was. They represented a war he had seemingly won, that he had conquered himself and was winning his battle.

Miracles were not frequent in Minho's life, but Han Jisung softening up with him had certainly felt like one. Little by little, he was able to let Han Jisung see his optimistic world surrounding none other than himself. With his help, Han Jisung was slowly beginning to see just how unimaginably stunning his character was.

Instances where Han Jisung would giggle at a stupid joke, show his teeth in a bashful smile when he'd gust over the boy, kiss him to thank his actions and words; those instances made Minho feel like his constant pining after and pursuing Han Jisung was absolutely worth it. The insanely gorgeous creature that Han Jisung was had made his life so full of joy, so complete, so at peace.

But all of these cheerful, happy moments were not always present between them. Han Jisung was not fully mended, his flowers still did wilt during his moments. He was always quick to blame himself and not talk about his feelings, to try and shun his sadness in a corner where only once in a while it would pour out into one of these episodes.

Minho had tried getting him to maybe come to therapy and release it healthily, or maybe just talk to him about them, yet to no avail. Han Jisung was stubborn, and always insisted on doing it himself. Since he didn't want to pressure or coerce his tense boyfriend, Minho would end up listening to him.