Chapter 3: Phone call

Roman's POV

"Hi, is this Roman Blackwood?" the lady on the other line asks, and I reply with a yes.

The line goes silent for a second before another voice begins to speak.

"Roman?" my moms' voice echoes through the phone, and my body immediately intensifies with a weight put on my chest and hostility that I really did not want to feel today. Or any day.

I look over at my dad to see if he knew about this shit, but he seems just as clueless as me.

I haven't seen my mom ever since the night she got taken into the police car when I was fourteen. Not only that, but I never wanted to fucking see her anyway after what she did, nor do I want to hear her voice. Ever.

In under a second, I hang up the phone and hand it back to my dad because now I feel sick. My brain feels like it's on a fucking roller coaster and the reminders that I had enough of at night are beginning to flicker before my angrily seethed eyes.

"Who was it?" my dad knocks me out of the sickening flashbacks, and I look to see his puzzled face.

"Mom," I say shocked by my words, and his eyes widen.

She also pulled a lot of shit on him, so I can see why he's shocked as well, though not for the reasons I am.

"Did you let her say anything?" he asks, and I want to laugh at that question.

"Fuck no," I fold my arms and state.

There is no way in hell I am coming face-to-face or talking to that woman who's anything but what a mother should be. She's a fucking manipulator that only gives a shit about herself.

"Roman, you have to learn to move on," my dad begs with his eyes.

He acts like she fucking stole my toy car when I was a kid, though I can't blame him since he's only speaking from his limited amount of knowledge that I provided for him. She got her ass in jail because of the shit she chose to do, and I could give less of two fucks about what happens to her. She doesn't have the right to call me.

"We're going to a party," Ivy walks into the kitchen and informs me.

I nod. She looks in between me and my dad's tensed expressions and nods back a little awkwardly. Her feet move out of the room as she spins on her heel to leave, and once I see and hear she's gone out the front door with the others who are probably waiting for me outside, I look back to my dad who is about to say something about this subject. I stop him immediately.

"There is no fucking way I'm talking to her," I promise him what I promised myself when she left.

My dad also has no room to speak because he hasn't even forgiven her for what she did either. Every single time she's brought up, his entire mood changes and he turns into a super awkward person. If he can't move on from what she did to him, then there's no way in hell I can from what she did to me.

I walk back out in the living room and see that I was right about where everyone went. I put my shoes on which are sitting next to the couch and grab my keys from the kitchen counter as my dad thinks about what just happened.