Chapter 16: Grandma

♡  Alaiya's POV:  ♡

"Let's go," he calls after about twenty minutes, and I sigh in relief because I won't have to eat anymore.

I shoot up from my seat and thank the lord that I can finally go home now. My plate is thrown away quickly and my clothes are put into a shopping bag from the closet. Some of Roman's clothes are already here which is probably why that woman said that she only had this room available.

We walk into the elevator after exiting the room and nobody seems to be around to get on with us. The door slides shut and we both stand spaced apart, awkwardly silent.

"You know this plan is fucking stupid, right?" he points out and I look over at him.

"You agreed to it," I shrug a shoulder before turning my head back around to face the elevator door.

"Only because I knew your stubborn ass wouldn't admit to it," he explains his reasoning which he's not wrong about.

I wouldn't have.

"And your stubborn butt won't leave this alone," I match his tone.

"What? You can't say ass?" he teases, though more in his regular serious face and tone.

"Not all of us have a mouth of-," I begin to reply, but the elevator stops and an elderly couple who gives us both pretty disgusted fake smiles walks in, stopping my sentence. I notice it's a little bit more at me than it is at Roman though.

Why do my insults always get stopped? And they're always the good ones too. I like to think it's because of how good they are that they always get interrupted.

I look over at Roman and see he noticed their dirty look too.

We both showered and are dressed causally, what's their problem? Many girls wear oversized clothes so it's not that.

I see Roman begin to form a devilish smirk, but before I can even think about what he's about to do, he speaks.

"Just admit you fucked my cousin," he sighs out of nowhere.

What!

I'm taken back by what he just said and scrunch my eyebrows at his sudden words. The couple turns around to look at us and Roman gives me a 'Go with it' look.

Ohhh.
I get it.

"Not until you admit...." I think of something just as bad to say. "...how you stole my cat," I say unsure of my own words and he raises an eyebrow at me in amusement.

Really? Stole my cat? I need to work on my thinking on-the-spot techniques.

"Is this about that toy I got you?" He tries to control his laughter by the way he's folding his lips. "I told you that I bought it and it wasn't from my dad's collection," he breathes out and the couple looks over at each other in concern.

I fold my lips back at him to hide my laugh that's trying to sneak out which is why I look at the ground.

"Well that doesn't change anything." I hold my hand out at his face. "We're done. And I want my cat back." I look over at him with my arms folded and see him glance down this time to do the same 'hiding his laugh' thing that I was doing.

The elevator bell rings and the couple steps off with uncomfortable and weirded-out body postures. Roman and I walk the other way of them and let our laughs and chuckles out towards the ground as we walk towards the exit.

"I stole your cat," he repeats my dumb answer, which only makes me laugh harder.

"Hey, you can't just put me on the spot and expect me to come up with something good." I smile as I replay their hilarious faces.