Chapter 29: Skyler

♡  Alaiya's POV:  ♡

I think I like my bed more than people.
Never mind, I don't think it, I know it.

My grandma just called me and told me my dad so far has an official year sentence so guess what I'm doing? Well was doing. I ran out of water supply awhile ago.

Every body part hurts even though I'm not injured and it feels like I'm constantly being shattered into millions of pieces over and over again.

It's Tuesday which has no relevance to me at all. It's just a normal day where I wake up crying, shower while crying, go to school, work, and then fall asleep while crying.

I groan into my pillow because that person who I should not be thinking about is coming into my mind when I've clearly told myself he is not welcomed.

Go away!

I get out of bed and go to get ready for school.
I don't feel like doing anything with my makeup and it's not like I have anything to cover up. The scratches on my cheek are almost gone, and no one is here to create any new ones since those people are now sitting in jail. My eyes are still swollen and my cheeks have basically become the color red so I throw on some concealer and leave it with that.

At this point, who cares about life. You wake up, you do some work, and you go back to sleep. Then you repeat.

I look through my closet and throw on a random T-shirt with black leggings, calling it a day. I could give less of a crap about my wet hair.

I take a cup of coffee because I've been trying to not only rely on the pills anymore. Who am I trying to impress anyway? Although, I only drink coffee and maybe eat a granola bar from time to time so its only a couple of things.

I'm a little late to leave, but Professor Wright stopped paying attention to me after the photo came out and became more lenient on me being late for the past two days.

I get into my car and drive to campus. Falling by Harry Styles is playing the entire way there on a loop and I finally arrive before making my way to my classroom.

Breathe.

When I open the door, everyone diverts their eyes towards me in under a second. Instant embarrassment consumes me as I shoot my head towards the ground and take my seat in the back where no one seems to be sitting. We seem to be just writing a bunch of notes today so I put my headphones back in and continue listening to my music while noting everything down written on the board. Our paper for a four thousand words essay on a topic we find is misleading gets handed to us, and we get thirty minutes to get started on writing it. I get my things to make my way to my car to write this because my car is much better than everyone speaking and not letting me concentrate. Plus, many eyes won't stop looking at me due to the rumors and I really don't feel like writing a paper while different people keep glancing at me with dirty looks on their faces.

Professor Wright makes eye contact with me as I'm standing up which is why he calls me over with his finger. He's probably about to yell at me for being late for two days in a row, so I prepare myself for whatever punishment he's about to give me.

I walk down the stand and he walks behind his desk. His hands pull out my paper on a story I had written about an olden-day romance, and I look down at it blankly.