Chapter 47: Family

Roman's POV

"Roman," I hear Ivy's voice call while I'm in my bedroom rethinking my entire shitty life. "How did the date go?" she asks flirtatiously, probably wiggling her shoulders.

Oh, she means how Alaiya walked out on my ass before I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend and then ended up leaving in an Uber because she's apparently the fucking flash and can get an Uber in under five seconds?

It went great.

Who the hell let me like her so fucking much? I need to beat the guy's asses for encouraging this shitty feeling.

"My excuse was pretty good too, wasn't it?" She smiles as she enters the bedroom while I'm looking down at my phone at absolutely nothing.

"She left," I say before standing up and walking past Ivy.

"What!" she exclaims behind me in pure shock.

"So, how did it go?" Eldon comes from inside the elevator.

Who the fuck gave them the code?

"Alaiya left," Ivy answers for me.

Eldon's eyes widen instantly at the piece of news.

"What the hell did you say?" Eldon asks immediately as if it's the only thing that could've happened.

I'm going to be honest, that was the first thing I thought too. We've gotten in arguments before, but she's never made this big of a deal as she did with this one. I offered to help her pay for her lawyer, that's fucking it. I didn't do anything else. I was thinking of saying shit in the heat of the moment that I would've said to anyone else, but did I say it? Fuck no. Was it killing me? Hell yes.

"Nothing," I state truthfully.

"Are you sure?" Eldon asks with his arms folded, a little query about my answer. "I mean, I don't want to call you out, but you do tend to say things that could hurt someone." He shrugs, and I roll my eyes at him as a reply.

I know my limits when I'm with Alaiya. She may annoy the hell out of me, but I also never wanted to lose her so I know when to stop. Seeing her cry fucking broke me each time, so why would I bring that pain on her purposely? She's been through enough for me to be a dick towards her.

"You're not giving up, are you?" Ivy holts me when I ignore Eldon's dumbass question.

Well, I already feel like crying so yes, yes I am.

When she was ignoring me in the living room, I thought it was just a momentary thing that would stop after a while which is why I didn't speak on it. I also admit, I was being just a little petty and stubborn, but I didn't think she'd ever leave me. If I would've known that, then I would've spoken to her right when the argument ended.

"What happened?" Eldon asks first off.

I try to explain the summary and leave out the private parts because that's Alaiya's business to tell, not mine.

Once I've finished, they look just as fucking confused as I am which doesn't help me understand this at all.

"I came as soon as I heard." The elevator opens and Rider walks through hastily.