Chapter 33: Mom

***Warning: This chapter deals with sexual assault and rape. Please do not read if you don't feel comfortable.

Alaiya's POV:

"I shouldn't have done this." The butterflies kick in into my stomach like a torpedo and I think I may be sick.

Why did I even think of this? It's eleven in the morning, I don't have my makeup on, and I'm about to confess my feelings like a freaking psychopath to someone who probably doesn't even feel the same way about me. Forget probably, he definitely doesn't.

"I'm nervous too, but you got this," Ivy gives me another pep-talk which isn't helping.

I take in a deep breath and let it out before looking at the front door from inside Ivy's car. That alone makes my skin get goosebumps and my anxiety kick off the charts.

I'm going to die.

"Here, I'll show you a trick," she offers. "Step out of the car and shake your legs." She unlocks the car. "It's a good way to get your nerves out. I do it all the time before tests and things like that."

Ivy seems much more of a professional at this than me so I do as she says since I have never done anything like this in my entire life. I step out of the car and do as she says to get rid of the butterflies. I don't know how this is going to work, but she said it confidently so what other option do I have.

"Good. Now close the door to get that aggression out," she says aggressively, and again, I do as she says.

I slam the door with all the pressure I have and she nods as a way of saying that was correct.

How was they supposed to make me feel less nervous? Is she sure this is the right thing to do?

"Tell Roman I think he was a fucking idiot for that play," she locks the car while yelling from the inside.

My eyes widen at her as she begins to suddenly reverse out of here, and for someone who drives like the most cautious driver I've ever met, she sure can reverse pretty quickly.

That was on me for believing that.

I'm not chasing after her car because Roman's neighbors are waving right at me. I don't want them to think I'm crazy so I force a smile and wave back like I wasn't just freaking abandoned to forcefully confess my feelings by Ivy.

Maybe I could walk home?

I take my phone out of my back pocket and see the walking distance from here. It says about thirty minutes which isn't that bad, but the scorching sun with freezing wind will definitely not make it an enjoyable walk.

"Alaiya," Mr.Blackwood-at the worse time possible-decides to step out of his house and look straight at me which means I can't even act like someone else while looking away.

Oh crap!
I hate my life.

"Hi Mr.Blackwood." I walk up to him with the best show of my life before shaking his hand.

"I have never been more happier to see you," he gratefully says, and I look at him a little puzzled as to why.

"What do you mean?"

"Come in." He ushers to inside the house and now I'm really trapped.

Crap! Crap! Crap!

I follow behind him and pray that whatever this is, it will end before Roman gets back. I don't see his car in the driveway so I know he isn't home yet. He shuts the door after I enter and we walk down the long hallway and into the huge living room. There, sits a woman who is looking down at her nails nervously. Her dark black straight hair is perfectly shiny and the first thing that catches my attention are her light-blueish-gray eyes that could be seen glistening from a mile away. Her skin is absolutely flawless and her facial features match a whole lot with Roman.