Chapter 28: Pillow Fight

Alaiya's POV:

I wake up the next morning without even the memory of falling asleep last night. I remember getting a notification from people who found out that Carson's been arrested and how he's the one who released the picture. I don't even know how they found out so quickly, but apparently, they did. That only made me cry more because some people had commented on some things like "she deserved it" or "she lied". Some people also added that they were going to miss him and that just made my guilt intensify more by a thousand percent.

I also remember Roman tossing my phone to the other side of the room because of how I was staring at it, and then me crying against Roman's chest again.

I cried a lot. I wonder how I haven't passed out from dehydration? Oh, because Roman kept forcing water down my throat so that circumstance didn't happen. Why does he make me do things that are good for me? Sometimes, I'd appreciate it if he didn't do those things so that I could dislike him and this stupid butterfly feeling that I woke up with because I'm in his arms would go away.

Stop feeling things!
It's dumb.

I have to go brush my teeth so I try and roll over, but Roman's strong arm is wrapped around my stomach and holding onto me for dear life.

You've got to be kidding me. There's no way I can remove his arm without waking him up. It weighs more than I do.

"Roman," I whisper but he doesn't hear me. "Roman," I repeat.

I try moving his arm and he actually moves a little, but instead of doing what I thought he was doing which was moving away, he cups my entire back and only holds me with a tighter grip. I'm pushed against his chest with his face in my neck, and maybe it's not such a bad thing, but still.

"Roman." I raise my voice a tad.

He groans like a child.

He grabs a pillow from beside him and puts it on top of my face. He then continues to lay on top of that pillow so that his big ole head can kill me.

"You're suffocating me," I lie because he's barely putting any pressure, but I just want to get up.

"Good," he answers, making my mouth open in offense.

How rude!

He didn't even open his eyes to check if I was serious. What if I was dead? What if I was running out of breath and on the verge of suffocation? I mean, I'm not, but it could happen.

I throw the pillow to the side in annoyance and he just moves away and goes back onto his pillow, still asleep though. His arm is kept around me tightly and will not let go even after all of that.

I move my hand away from his back and do the rudest thing I can imagine, but he did try to technically suffocate me so he kind of deserves it.

I flick the top of his head with my middle finger and thumb, and he opens his eyes and gives me a "really?" look. I smile at him innocently, and again, instead of letting me go as any normal person would, he flicks my head back and shuts his eyes again. I can't help but laugh a little because of how bent he is on not letting me go, as well as how he just flicked me like it was nothing.

"You sleep like a freaking rock," I complain.

"And you snore like a fucking lion but you don't see me complaining." His even deeper morning voice retorts, sending a shiver down my spine.

I don't think I've heard a better voice than his in the mornings. Stop thinking that Alaiya! You hate him. I mean, him calling you beautiful has been playing like a loop in your head, but you hate him. Remember that.