4. Journal Entry Two of Knowing

Her name's Aurora

Her name's Aurora.

I might have neglected to introduce her to you in my last entry with all the excitement.

Aurora.

She has the name of the Northern Lights.

Probably because she's so beautiful.

And vibrant.

I need help.

She agreed to dinner.

She's nervous, I can tell. She was tapping at her clipboard almost the entire time that we were talking.

I'm nervous, too, because I want to make a good impression on her and the way my mind blanks when I look at her isn't doing me any favours.

I know I shouldn't be such a doctor about her nerves, but I can't help, but wonder what triggers her anxiousness.

It's not for any other reason, Dad, I swear.

I just want to know if I can help stop it.

I want to know if I can help her be less anxious.

She seems confident in every other way, except for her fingers that give the game away.

She jokes, though.

Through her anxiousness, she calls me a serial killer.

The best thing about her must be her facial expressions.

She is so emotive and expressive. Her face changes so drastically and instantaneously that I cannot look away in fear of missing something.

Especially, when she smiles.

Maybe that's the best thing about her; her smile.

She smiles different for different things and those eyes of hers give so much life to each of them.

When I was a kid, I had this set of Ninja Turtle action figures. Each of them had a catchphrase that would play when you press the middle of their shells. That was my most prized possession and it excited me to no end. That used to give me so much joy just to even look at.

She's the same.

I know I shouldn't be comparing a woman that I'm interested in to a child's plaything, but it's true.

She excites me; she gives me joy just to be around; whenever she opens her mouth, I'm dying to hear what she has to say.

What I wouldn't give to just sit and talk with her, listening to all the names she can call me and all the stories that she can tell.

I shouldn't feel this way about a stranger, Dad.

I know I shouldn't.

She and I are going to leave this hotel and that's going to be it.

I know that.

Especially with how cautious she is, but I can't not get to know her; I can't not spend the time that I can with her.

It's been too long since anyone has piqued my interest; especially in this way.

She's quick-witted and funny and you would have loved her.

I think the Universe decided to smile on me today because, not only did I meet her, but she also agreed to have dinner with me.

Just dinner, though.

She made me confirm it.

I'd be the biggest liar in the world if I didn't say that I wish it wasn't just dinner.