8. Journal Entry Four of Knowing

We went to the pier

We went to the pier.

The lights are neon and colourful and the place itself is so lively and bustling with the number of people that are constantly hanging around, despite it being a Thursday.

When I sat down at her table earlier this evening, I was afraid that she would tell me, very politely, to get lost.

She didn't, though.

I may have bribed her with a slice of cake.

I hope she knows that I'm not trying to push.

I also think that Aurora will, completely unapologetically, tell me to take a hike if she didn't actually want to speak to me or go to the pier with me.

Like earlier, when she said that she needed to change her clothing before leaving for the airport, I offered to let her use my room.

I told her that I would even wait outside.

She laughed, told me that I shouldn't allow strange women into my room, especially when I'm concerned that she might be a serial killer and told me that she would use the hotel bathroom instead and that it even has a shower cubicle.

So, now, I'm seated in the coffee shop, waiting for her.

I feel like I'm pushing it.

I don't want to force myself on her.

She's leaving in less than an hour.

In an hour, I won't be looking at her or speaking to her because she'll be gone.

And Dad, that is really a huge elbow to the ribs.

I'm sure she already thinks I'm somewhat of a creep, but the more I spend time with her, the more I want to spend more time with her.

I asked her if she wanted to go see the city and her eyes lit up and there was this almost shyness to her voice when she told me that she wanted to go to the pier.

Dad, if the pier had a closing time, I would have probably forced them to keep it open just so that she could experience it.

She told me, as we walked towards the water, that they only have one big theme park in Andrusia and that their piers are mostly for street vendors, so giant Ferris wheels and arcade games aren't common.

When we reached the pier, she stood outside, looking up at everything with this look of absolute wonder on her face.

I have never wished I was a Ferris wheel, but in that moment...

She absolutely refused to let me pay for her candy floss.

She also refused to let me pay for the hotdog that I had.