Chapter 1

Bells toll as the bright room adjusts for us to see a man sleeping on the table. He had a blanket over his head and was sleeping peacefully until a woman came.

Woman: Please wake up, groom. The bride is ready.

The man gets up from his sleep and was confused on where he got the blanket. He then realized what the woman said as he turned to look at her and smile.

The man had a dream. A dream of the unbelievable day that brought them together.

(Your POV)

[Y/N]: Barbecue beef burger please.

Futaro: With no beef.

Lady: Sure thing.

I was a bit shocked to see that Futaro was the one deciding my food. I chuckled and just shrugged on it and paid for my food.

Futaro: I will have the same.

You'd think the cheapest item on this cafeteria's menu would be rice, but no. According to our calculations, if you subtract 200 yen for the beef from the barbecue beef combo, and you get rice plus miso soup and pickled veggies for the price of rice. You get free, unlimited water, too. School cafeteria for the win.

[Y/N]: I still can't believe you wouldn't let me spoil myself, Futaro.

Futaro: You don't wanna grow fat and broke, do you?

[Y/N]: What's one meal gonna do for my entire life?

Futaro: Don't go crying to me if you do.

Futaro and I just laugh together as we pass some people that find us loners because we don't sit with anyone else but just us two. Futaro and I walk over to the seat we usually eat at as I was about to put my tray down until... another tray bumped into mine.

《~》

Considering that the table has three chairs, the lady that bumped into me sits with us. Judging by her food, it looks like she's a foodie. Enough about her food, let's judge her by her clothes. SHE DOESN'T GO TO THIS SCHOOL! ....I think.

Wait... how did this even happen?

(Before)

Lady: I got here first. The next table over is available. Move, please.

[Y/N]: Can you be any ruder? I've never seen you in my life and you're giving me a bad start to know you.

I glared at the woman as she realized how rude she was. She sits in the chair Futaro and I don't use as Futaro and I just sit down.

(Now)

Ah yes... Like that.

Random girl: Look, a girl is sitting with [L/N]-kun and Uesugi-kun.

Random dude: For real? Yikes!

[Y/N]: Tch. Those stupid...

I looked towards the girl and she seems to be all red. Considering how red she is right now, I don't think she's ever sit with a guy before. But geez, why are you all red? No one forced you to sit with us, you know.

I look at Futaro and see that his eyes widened. I followed his eyes and saw that he was looking at the lady's food. He's probably calculating the total amount of cash for her food.

[Y/N]: W-well... Let's eat!

The girl and Futaro looks at me and nods as Futaro takes out his notes. I put on earphones on one ear so I can hear what's going on while listening to music.

Lady: You two, mind your manners. You studying in the middle of lunch and you listening to music while eating?

Futaro: I'm reviewing my exam.