Chapter 24

I felt a little bit cold until I suddenly heard something. Something I wished I didn't want to hear. I turn around and there's Yotsuba, skiing towards me in full speed.

[Y/N]: Shit! This feels like it came out of a horror movie!

I started running as I see the place where Miku hid. I got there quickly and made two rounds around the building so Yotsuba wouldn't see me going in the igloo.

I quickly got in and see that Miku was still inside. The fact that she doesn't know I'm in here was even better. She was on the phone and I heard some coughing through it. Knowing it's Ichika, I probably should see if she's okay.

Miku: Ichika, You're sick. you should be in bed.

[Y/N]: Is that Ichika? It's gotten worse, huh? We both have some bad luck.

Ichika: Huh? Did I ever tell [Y/N]-kun that I'm sick?

[Y/N]: No, you just said.

Miku: Y-You were on speakerphone.

Ichika: Oh, whatever. So you two are together, right? I'm kind of relieved, I think. Okay, I'm going to head back, but I have a favor to ask of you two. Find Itsuki-chan. She's on her own. I'm sure she's actually lonely.

. . .

[Y/N]: What!? Where is she!?

Ichika: D-Don't yell! I'm not on speakerphone! Anyway, I'm trying to find her as well. Please help me.

She hung up as I was starting to get concerned for her. Miku gets up on her knees and hands as she starts to crawl out of the igloo. I follow suit as we try to think up where Itsuki could be.

[Y/N]: Hmm... I have an idea.

I started walking as Miku followed me. We walked in the cafeteria and looked around but no Itsuki. Honestly, I'm surprised.

[Y/N]: Weird. Itsuki's not here?

Miku: That's rude.

[Y/N]: Come to think of it, I haven't seen her since we started skiing.

Miku: I can't get through to her phone, either. I wonder if she went to the advance course.

As we were walking out of the cafeteria, I felt really ill. I don't really think I can handle much anymore. I can only muster up a little strength. Only enough to walk at least. I leaned on the wall and panted as Miku got concerned.

Miku: [Y- [Y/N]? You're sweating really bad. Are you okay?

I can't keep lying to myself. I've been mustering up all my strength ever since we left home. I must've gotten it from Raiha. Which means Ichika got it from me. I feel guilty.

Miku: You should get some rest.

Yotsuba: Found you Miku and [Y/N]-san!

Yotsuba then tackled Miku into the snow as Futaro walked uo to us. He sees me as he drops all of his stuff and quickly checked if I was okay.

Futaro: [Y/N], you really need to get some rest.

[Y/N]: Futaro? Yotsuba?

Miku: Oh. I forgot.

Yotsuba: You think I wouldn't find you two here? Ha! Think again! I already found Ichika and Nino! Itsuki's the last one standing!

[Y/N]: You haven't found her, either?

Yotsuba: Nope! Eh? Why do you look weak.

Nino: Jeez. I finally found you [Y/N].

[Y/N]: N-Nino... I can't face you...