Season 2 Chapter 12

Futaro: WHY IS THIS SO GOD DAMN HEAVY!?

[Y/N]: Dude, it's just a bag of rice.

Futaro: I can't!

Yotsuba: I'll carry it.

Yotsuba takes the bag from Futaro's hands quite easily as I sighed and followed Nino who strolled the trolley. Apparently, Nino called us over to handle the bags so she wouldn't have to.

[Y/N]: Jeez, why'd you even call us now at this hour?

Nino: They're having a sale today. Uesugi, you should be able to carry that yourself.

Futaro: You carry it, then.

Nino then remembered something as she picks up a bunch of chocolate bars and puts it in the trolley making me shocked as seeing how much she's putting in.

Nino: Miku told me to get her these.

[Y/N]: She's eating all that?

Nino: You know, I thought Uesugi would be more dense than you even though you two are so smart.

Yotsuba: It's so early, too. It's only January.

Nino: Okay, let's go.

She begins to stroll away until I looked down and noticed Yotsuba's shoelaces were untied. I pointed it out as she realises and asked Nino to hold the bag she was holding making her fall due to the heavy weight.

I quickly caught her from falling as I hold the bag of rice I was holding over my shoulder. I then chuckled as I picked the bag up from her hands.

[Y/N]: Futaro did say it was so god damn heavy. Are you okay?

Nino: Y-Yeah...

Once Yotsuba was done tying her shoes. She takes the bag from me as I get my bag off my shoulder. We then began to head out as we walked back to the quints' home. I noticed a stare from Nino as I looked at her and gave her a smile.

[Y/N]: What's up?

Nino: N-Nothing.

She turned away from me as I tilted my head and proceeded to go ahead. I then look around and noticed something in a café. Someone I fairly know for a while. It was Itsuki. She's in the café with some dude.

[Y/N]: Heads up. Who's the dude with my meat monster?

Nino: Your meat monster?

Yotsuba: Isn't that...?

Futaro: Haven't we seen him before?

We entered the café without letting Itsuki know that we did. We hid behind a corner as I sighed seeing how Itsuki is out with a dude.

Nino: I knew it. It's dad.

[Y/N]: Oh, it's your dad! Fuck, I thought it was some dude taking her out on a date.

Nino: Why are you that skeptic?

Yotsuba: Why is he with Itsuki, though?

I felt a tap on my shoulder as I look to see Futaro gesturing me to talk to him. I leaned closer to him as he whispers in my ear.

Futaro: Isn't that the guy from the hospital?

[Y/N]: Oh. Now that I think about it. Yeah, that is him. That dude is their dad?

Yotsuba, Futaro, Nino and I proceed to sit down closer to them to listen to what they were saying as I ordered myself a drink. I then listened in to what Mr. Nakano was saying as I drank my drink.