Chapter 13

As I was done laughing, I sat down on the couch since Yotsuba really was keeping me alive. Ichika and Miku sat next to me as Miku gave me some water.

[Y/N]: Thanks. God damn, I've never felt so alive since 5 years ago. Thanks, Yotsuba.

Yotsuba: You're welcome!

Itsuki: You're so loud.

I look up and see Itsuki descending from the stairs. I smiled and waved at her as she sighs and gives me a small wave.

Itsuki: I thought study groups were supposed to be quieter.

[Y/N]: Come on! Study groups can be fun too!

Itsuki: It's better to focus in studying rather than wasting time with games. Miku, can I borrow your headphones?

Miku: Sure, but why?

Itsuki: I want to focus by myself.

I sighed as I stood up from the couch and approached her. She puts the headphones around her neck as she somehow looks similar to Miku. I then placed my hand on her head as I lower myself to stare into her eyes.

[Y/N]: Can I trust you?

Itsuki: I don't want to hold you back.

Itsuki then removes my hand from her head slowly as she goes back to her room. I sighed as I turned around and look at Futaro.

Ichika: Ah! The stars look pretty! [Y/N], come with me!

[Y/N]: Wha-huh?

She grabbed me by the wrist as she pulls me outside to the balcony. Leaving Futaro, Yotsuba and Miku inside. I look up at the stars with a smile as Ichika stares at me.

Ichika: You seem pretty happy.

[Y/N]: Heh. I sure am.

Ichika: Anything happen?

[Y/N]: Well, I haven't even told Futaro yet so I don't think I'm comfortable enough to tell you first.

Ichika: Wow, you two really are that close, huh?

[Y/N]: Yup. I'm sorry but I'll tell you eventually. I'm just... happy to be here... that's all.

Ichika: It's alright. Back to what I was going to say. Did you and Itsuki get into a fight. It seemed impossible since you two have a lot of chemistry together.

[Y/N]: *sigh* No. Itsuki and I didn't get into a fight. It's Futaro. He lost his cool trying to pull Itsuki into the study group.

Ichika: Ah, I see. Him and Itsuki-chan end up fighting every time they see each other.

[Y/N]: Heh. I've noticed. Those two are just too alike. It's why I'm somehow more comfortable with Itsuki most of the time.

Ichika: True. But it felt different today. I want those two to fight like friends, like they usually do.

[Y/N]: Well, if I were Futaro, I would've said that's self-contradictory.

Ichika: Is it? I think she's just stubborn. Aren't you the same way? She's always been awkward. I think she's just having a hard time being upfront. I'm sure she's hurting on her own right now. I'll do what I can-

[Y/N]: No need. I can handle this on my own. Well, I hope. Maybe you can help me out a little but the rest, I'll take care of it.

Ichika: Alright. I'm counting on you.

Ichika gives me a smile as I chuckled and leaned on the railing. Looking down at the bright city and back up to see the bright stars. I smiled as I closed my eyes and imagined Yuyu and Yasuko.