Chapter 15

Well, I may have seemed to say we're fucked but it's true. We're fucked. Being late for the midterm exam is incredibly embarrassing and having to experience it with 5 idiots is a wreckage!

I turn around to look at the slowpokes while Yotsuba turns around as well.

[Y/N]: Hurry up! We're already late!

I look to see Nino stopping as she looks in the mirror with a look of sadness.

Nino: I don't want people to see me without make up!

[Y/N]: YOU DON'T LOOK ANY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SISTERS!

I turn around and I see Miku helping and old lady cross the road. She looks at me as she gives me a thumbs up.

[Y/N]: THAT'S NICE OF YOU BUT WE'RE RUNNING LATE!

I turn around again and see Ichika sleeping on a rail by the side of a cafe. I grabbed her and tried to shake her awake.

[Y/N]: WAKE UP!

I continued to run as I see Itsuki slowing down. I planned on carrying her but remembered that she was just as heavy as Miku. Not risking that.

Itsuki: I can't take it anymore...

[Y/N]: Come on, Itsuki! We can make it!

Itsuki: It's not that... I'm just so hungry! I can't move!

[Y/N]: ...

I stopped running as Itsuki pants and holds her stomach. I looked at Futaro as he sighed and nodded. Itsuki and I got in a convenience store to get a snack as Itsuki looks at the many variety of food.

Itsuki: They all look so good...

[Y/N]: If they all look good then you don't have time to choose. Just pick one and go.

Itsuki: What would you like?

[Y/N]: That's... huh?

Itsuki: I could hear your stomach grumbling the whole way here.

[Y/N]: You have keen ears, don't you?

Itsuki: I owe you for the trouble, though I won't say with what in particular.

I stared at her as she blushes while holding onto her purse. I tried to ignore it as I tug on my scarf and looked at the variety of food.

[Y/N]: What should I get...?

Itsuki: It's hard to decide, isn't it?

[Y/N]: Yeah...

Futaro: OI! WE'RE IN A HURRY HERE!

Itsuki and I snapped out of our trance as we both get onigiri and run to school. I put my onigiri in my bag while Itsuki opens it up and eats it.

[Y/N]: Damn, you sure are hungry.

Itsuki: Tch. Says the one who's stomach is still grumbling.

My stomach grumbles as Itsuki says that as we both stare at each other in awkwardness. We laughed together but then continued running. I looked back and see Futaro and Nino have stopped.

[Y/N]: Oi! Futaro! Nino!

Futaro: Ah! Be right there!

Futaro and Nino continue running as we reach the school entrance. I told them to stop as I hid behind a bush while the others follow.

[Y/N]: There's a teacher guarding the entrance. We're also late. It's 8:33. The exam is gonna start soon.

Itsuki: I'm sorry. It's because I made a stop on the way.