Season 2 Chapter 7

I felt a sunray hitting my eye as I opened my eyes. It was now time for school. I put a smile on my face as I look to the side and see Itsuki still asleep.

[Y/N]: Hey, Itsuki, wake up.

She starts to move in her sleep as she suddenly gets into the futon I was in. I don't know how but she did it. I chuckled as she nuzzled her face into my chest.

[Y/N]: Itsuki, it's time for school.

Itsuki: Just a little longer...

[Y/N]: No, get up.

Itsuki: five more minutes...

[Y/N]: No. We're leaving earlier today.

Itsuki: Why, Nino...?

She then jolts awake as she looks up at me. I gave her a smirk as her face burns up red. She then looked down and hid her face in my chest.

[Y/N]: Good morning.

Itsuki: G-Good morning...

She looks up at me to see the smile I had. She was a bit surprised to see me smiling as I got out of my futon and got ready for school.

At school, Itsuki and I went to Nino's class to talk. When we went to the classroom, I waved to someone I know in the class.

[Y/N]: Kitsuma! Is Nino here?

Kitsuma: Hm? I heard she's taking the day off.

Kitsuma is someone I know. We bumped into each other during the school camp. To be honest, he's a pretty nice guy and he's useful.

[Y/N]: I see... I thought so.

Itsuki: Let's go see Nino directly.

[Y/N]: Unfortunately, that won't work anymore. Believe in her and wait. That's all I can do for now.

Itsuki: You've been weird all day today. Did something happen?

[Y/N]: It's nothing, Itsuki. Let's go. We need to find the other pea brain idiot Futaro's been taking care of.

We head out to the field to find Yotsuba as I already see Futaro sitting on the stairs behind the track team. They seem to be talking to Yotsuba as I listen in.

Track team captain: We're all counting on the gifted runner, Nakano-san.

[Y/N]: You? Gifted? Cats must be flying now.

Yotsuba: [Y..[Y/N]-san!

Track team captain: Who are you?

[Y/N]: I'm not surprised you don't know me. Are you the captain? You're pretty impressive, practicing for a meet when we have finals coming up.

Track team captain: Yup! It's an important meet. We don't have time to care about exams.

[Y/N]: Oh, "don't have time to care about exams," huh? Lemme tell you someth-

Yotsuba: AHHH!!! Don't worry! I'm working on it!

Yotsuba jumps between me and the track team captain as Itsuki unrolls my sleeve. Though, I am deeply concerned for Yotsuba.

Itsuki: Yotsuba, you're not pushing yourself too hard, are you?

Yotsuba: No, it's all good!

[Y/N]: Well, if you say so, I won't stop you.

Futaro: So will I. So...

Futaro then takes off his jacket and throws it at me which I catch. Knowing what he was doing, I'm dying to see what Futaro will end up with.