Chapter 8

The busy crowd, the attracting stalls, the families and couples. The festival was something everyone looked forward to. Well... except for me and Futaro.

Nino: Finally done!

Raiha: Good work, everyone!

Yotsuba: When are the fireworks starting again?

Miku: They're from 7 PM to 8 PM.

Ichika: I'm going to check out the stalls!

As they were incredibly excited, I was just watching Futaro being the exact opposite. Miserable to be here, actually.

Yotsuba: Want to try catching goldfish?

Raiha: Yeah!

Futaro and I go to take a seat to get out of the loud crowd as Futaro sighed.

Futaro: Well, at least they did their homework for once. Is that how badly they want to see the fireworks?

Yotsuba: Raiha! Come with me!

Futaro: Oi, wait up!

Futaro goes to catch up with Yotsuba and Raiha since Raiha obviously can't go anywhere without Futaro around. I sighed and just stared at the crowd with a frown.

Itsuki: What's with that unfestive look on your face?

I look to my left and see Itsuki with her hair tied up eating on a corndog. I didn't say anything due to unwelcoming beauty she just brought in.

Itsuki: S-Stop staring.

She blushes and looks away from me as I put on a smirk. Already knowing it's Itsuki, I guess teasing her is fun enough. Not like I have anything else to do.

[Y/N]: Who are you?

Itsuki: Huh?

[Y/N]: All five of you are practically the same so with that hairstyle, I don't know who you are.

Itsuki: It's me, Itsuki! And I'm free to do my hair however I please!

[Y/N]: *chuckles* I'm just kidding. I know it's you, Itsuki. You look great.

Ichika: There it is! I expected you didn't compliment her but you actually did.

She then leans in to my ear to whisper something as I show confusion towards what she's gonna tell me.

Ichika: Hey, don't you want to find out if girls truly wear nothing under their yukatas?

[Y/N]: That was a long time ago. I already know and I don't care.

Ichika: Are you sure?

She was about to show me what was in there but I just showed her that I really didn't care. Itsuki and Miku were gonna stop her but she then stands straight and smiles.

Ichika: I'm just playing! Well? Did I get your heart racing a bit?

[Y/N]: Not even a single beat.

I then hear her cellphone vibrating as she notices it too. She takes it out and answers the call and go to a private spot.

Nino: What are you all doing here? Let's go, Ichika.

Ichika: Sorry, I got a call. Yes. What? Tonight?

Nino: You know... It was supposed to be just the five of us here for the fireworks. Why are you here?

[Y/N]: You're right. Why am I here?

Raiha: [Y/N]-onii-chan!

[Y/N]: Oh yeah, her.

Raiha: Look, look! Yotsuba-san caught all these for me.