SHE TRIED...?!

Aimee's POV
It's been a few days which means today is Friday. Today's the day that we pick Aleena up. We got everything situated and we already set her up to start school Monday. We even painted and decorated her bedroom so it feels like home to her and to be honest I'm so jealous. I love her bedroom.

We didn't know what she likes or what colors she likes so we decided to go with like a white/gray kind of room theme

We didn't know what she likes or what colors she likes so we decided to go with like a white/gray kind of room theme. So we painted the walls a light gray that kind of looks like white. We bought her a queen size bed with a white headboard. We got her a white with gray designs bed sheets and blankets. Obviously a night stand and a desk and we hung lights with paper clips so she could hang any of her pictures she may have. She also has a chair swing in the corner for her to sit in.

We were currently at the daycare dropping the kids off. Shawn decided to come with me. "Wow. Look at who finally came in" Christine says, talking about Shawn and I chuckled.

"MISS. JILL!!!!!!!" Adalynn yelled, running away and I laughed. "Wow. That was easier than last time" I chuckled. "Her and Jill and even Alexa has gotten so close. Their bond is literally everything" Christine smiled, watching Jill talk to Adalynn. "Good. I'm glad" I smiled.

"That's amazing but I have some concerns" Shawn blurted out and I looked at him. "Oh no. With what?" Christine asked and he looked at Nicole. "Never mind. I know exactly what you're talking about. I was planning on talking to Aimee next time she's working because I know she's worried as well" Christine answered.

"I've been keeping an extra close eye on her and what's going on in the classroom so you have nothing to worry about" Christine says, touching Shawn's arm. "Thank you. We better get going" Shawn smiled.

"Okay. Good luck!" She says and we walked away. We get in the car and drove away. I'm not gonna lie. I am a bit nervous about this. I don't know why. Like we're pretty much adopting a teenager? I have no idea how this is gonna go. Especially with two kids already and two more on the way.

"Aimee, I should probably tell you something" Shawn says, stopping at a red light. "What is it?" I asked, looking at him.

"So, you know how Alexa and other people were saying that the owner of our community would only let them buy a house or whatever if their husbands slept with her?" He asked and I slowly nodded scared to hear what he was about to say.

"Yeah, she kind of tried hooking up with me. The other day I bumped into her and she pretty much threatened me saying that if I don't sleep with her then we'll lose our house" he says and my eyes widened. "WHAT?!" I yelled. I was obviously pissed.

"Don't worry. I obviously didn't do anything" he says and I looked at him. "I trust you. I just want to murder that women. What's going to happen to our house since you rejected her?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I have no idea. I was thinking since we're going to the police station maybe I could talk to Officer Dylan and Officer Dan to see if they could possibly do something about it. I wouldn't worry too much" he says, and I nod as he grabbed my hand and he continued to drive.
———————————————————————————
         QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER

1.) how do you feel about the owner of the community trying to get with Shawn? Why?

2.) how do you feel about Shawn telling Aimee? Was it good? Why?

3.) what do you think it'll be like when they pick Aleena up and take her home? Why?